"Edit" and upvote/downvote display on my comments missing?

Just wondering why I can't edit my posts - the edit thingy just isn't there. I hadn't noticed a time limit and most recent post appeared immediately without the edit option. Also I got notified of 'react to post' but that display is absent on this comment. (could have been on the later one, which does have the display ... an up and a down to give zero, possibly?) Reloading pages doesn't bring these up.

It's not that serious - but I had wanted to do minor edits.

19 minutes ago, Ken Fabian said:

Just wondering why I can't edit my posts - the edit thingy just isn't there. I hadn't noticed a time limit and most recent post appeared immediately without the edit option. Also I got notified of 'react to post' but that display is absent on this comment. (could have been on the later one, which does have the display ... an up and a down to give zero, possibly?) Reloading pages doesn't bring these up.

It's not that serious - but I had wanted to do minor edits.

If you see nothing on a reaction, someone could have negged you, then another immediately reversed it, leaving it at '0'. :) Try cleaning your browser of cookies and cache for other niggles. There is a time limit on edits; probably 10 or 15 minutes.

Edited by StringJunky

I hadn't noticed the time limit - mostly I do edits fairly soon or else post another comment. Or possibly I had known and forgotten; I find that happening more and more, sigh. A correlation with grey hair growth but not necessarily causation. I had noticed a bunch of blank lines ahead of some random symbols in the follow up post in 'Australian Politics' and wanted to edit that out, but too late.

I understand that the up/down vote option is absent on my own posts, but I thought the tally of votes posts receive normally remains visible to the poster. It is absent for the post linked above but present for the follow up comment (sitting on zero when I just looked ). Looking further back at random posts, I find that tally is absent. Does that disappear with a time limit too?

It seems odd that I can't know the tally of votes for things I post, to get a sense of how they were received - and I keep thinking that I previously had been able to.

Edited by Ken Fabian

9 minutes ago, Ken Fabian said:

I hadn't noticed the time limit - mostly I do edits fairly soon or else post another comment. Or possibly I had known and forgotten; I find that happening more and more, sigh. A correlation with grey hair growth but not necessarily causation. I had noticed a bunch of blank lines ahead of some random symbols in the follow up post in 'Australian Politics' and wanted to edit that out, but too late.

I understand that the up/down vote option is absent on my own posts, but I thought the tally of votes posts receive normally remains visible to the poster. It is absent for the post linked above but present for the follow up comment (sitting on zero when I just looked ). Looking further back at random posts, I find that tally is absent. Does that disappear with a time limit too?

It seems odd that I can't know the tally of votes for things I post, to get a sense of how they were received - and I keep thinking that I previously had been able to.

We used to be able to see both red and green ones but now we just see the total after adding them up.

3 hours ago, Ken Fabian said:

It depends on whether or not the post has been given rep points and then had them cancelled out or not. If no one has up or down voted the post, then you won't see any number. If someone has up or down voted, and then someone else counters that, it will show up as 0. The posts you are talking about that show a 0 fit into the latter category. 

37 minutes ago, hypervalent_iodine said:

It depends on whether or not the post has been given rep points and then had them cancelled out or not. If no one has up or down voted the post, then you won't see any number. If someone has up or down voted, and then someone else counters that, it will show up as 0. The posts you are talking about that show a 0 fit into the latter category. 

Ah, that makes sense. Mystery solved, thank you.