Stars that can become trillions of years?

Hello2

Hello, I see video’s about exoplanets around different stars,

and there are also stars that can become trillions of years?

I would like to know more about such stars as also:

Since when is it known that there are stars that can become trillions of years?

10 minutes ago, Hello2 said:

Hello, I see video’s about exoplanets around different stars,

and there are also stars that can become trillions of years?

I would like to know more about such stars as also:

Since when is it known that there are stars that can become trillions of years?

The count for confirmed exoplanets is around 3000 now I think.

What do you mean "can become trillions of years"?  If you mean a lifetime of trillions of years, then I doubt it. Our Sun has a useful life span of about 10 billion years...we are half way through that already. Smaller stars have longer life spans and larger stars, shorter life spans.

Or perhaps your trillions of years refer to stellar remnants?  If that is correct then yes. White Dwarfs [the final state of our own Sun] Neutron stars and BHs are going to last trillions of years, and probably up to the end stages of the universe itself, when White Dwarfs and Neutron stars will become black cinders and decay and BHs evaporate.

Edited by beecee

• 2 months later...

"Stellar models indicate that red dwarfs less than 0.35 M (a third of a solar mass) are fully convective.[3] Hence the helium produced by the thermonuclear fusion of hydrogen is constantly remixed throughout the star, avoiding helium buildup at the core, thereby prolonging the period of fusion. Red dwarfs therefore develop very slowly, maintaining a constant luminosity and spectral type for trillions of years, until their fuel is depleted. Because of the comparatively short age of the universe, no red dwarfs exist at advanced stages of evolution...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_dwarf#Description_and_characteristics