Reducing Benzyl Alcohol in Sesame oil solution

Nobber

Hello,

I am looking a solution to reduce benzyl alcohol content in my solution, 100ml solution contains %5.5 benzyl alcohol by volume rest sesame oil. 

I want to reduce Benzyl Alcohol content to %1

This solution is sterile and also I can't heat it. It is in GL45 glass.

I may filter some other things to make sterile and add to the solution then withdraw. IDK I need a genious way to reduce it.

15 minutes ago, Nobber said:

I want to reduce Benzyl Alcohol content to %1

If you have 5.5% of X mixed with Y, reducing X to 1% means.. adding more Y to have less X..

You just have to calculate and add exact amount of Y..

e.g. you have 96% ethanol and 4% water, you need to add more water to reduce ethanol percentage to 40%..

Edited by Sensei

No I cant dilute. I am thinking a way to add something in this solution that ba is more soluble in it then take it back from solution. 

I mean I can but I am not supposed to do it. 

I tried to heat it up to 100C degree but benzyl alcohol doesnt evaporate at this point without enough surface area. I cant totally open the bottle because it is sterile.

Edited by Nobber

1 hour ago, Nobber said:

I am looking a solution to reduce benzyl alcohol content in my solution

53 minutes ago, Nobber said:

It is my lifetime drug so I can't reduce concentration. I am sensitive to benzyl alcohol and %1 is enough for as an antiseptic

So you want to reduce the concentration but don't want to reduce the concentration. That makes no sense.

Reported as being inappropriate for the forum.

11 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

It makes sense if there is some other material- a drug- in the sesame oil.

Ah, I see. He wants to reduce the concentration of benzyl alcohol but keep the same concentration of whatever the active ingredient is.

The answer is: speak to your doctor.

Edited by Strange