Can you give an example of each dimension up to 10 dimension?

So 1 dimension is a line measured by length. Move 90 degrees away from every point on the line and you have a 2 dimensional plane measured by length and width. Now move 90 degrees away from every point in that plane and you have a 3 dimensional cube, measured also now by height. Move 90 degrees away from every point in that cube and you have a 4 dimensional hypercube. 

Beyond that, lather, rinse, repeat? That's where my brain curls into a fetal manifold position.

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

So 1 dimension is a line measured by length. Move 90 degrees away from every point on the line and you have a 2 dimensional plane measured by length and width. Now move 90 degrees away from every point in that plane and you have a 3 dimensional cube, measured also now by height. Move 90 degrees away from every point in that cube and you have a 4 dimensional hypercube. 

Beyond that, lather, rinse, repeat? That's where my brain curls into a fetal manifold position.

The 4th dimension is time. It should actually be described as '9+1 dimensions'; 9 spatial and 1 temporal. The other six dimensions are hidden in the same way, analogously, that if you look at a tube from a sufficiently long distance it looks like a 1 dimensional line with no surface; the other dimensions are too small in scale to be seen. The other six dimensions can't, as yet, be described.

Edited by StringJunky

43 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

The 4th dimension is time. It should actually be described as '9+1 dimensions'; 9 spatial and 1 temporal. The other six dimensions are hidden in the same way, analogously, that if you look at a tube from a sufficiently long distance it looks like a 1 dimensional line with no surface; the other dimensions are too small in scale to be seen. The other six dimensions can't, as yet, be described.

Sorry, I assumed the OP was trying to wrap his head around spatial dimensions. I obviously didn't help.

21 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Sorry, I assumed the OP was trying to wrap his head around spatial dimensions. I obviously didn't help.

I assumed he was referring to string theory. I don't think any mortal can wrap their head around it but the model demands them apparently.

19 minutes ago, mathematic said:

You need to distinguish between physical and mathematical dimensions.  The previous responses were about physical dimensions.  Mathematical dimensions are simply arrays of n numbers (vectors) and manipulated in certain ways.

Which is partly why I asked for more information about what was actually meant in the OP.

4 minutes ago, pzkpfw said:

I'm assuming he or she is going for argument by incredulity.

Yeah but argument (in the proper sense of the word) about what?

The OP goes in for the scattergun approach to threads and never answers questions about what he asked.

It may well be that String Junky is correct in that this one is linked to his thread on string theory, in which case the answer would be very different from the question what is a 10 dimensional continuum like.

Edited by studiot