Can I give a coloured liquid properties to turn clear when it dries or cools ?

Jonno2018

Hi All, 
First post on this forum, Hopefully in the right section, looking for some help please;

Not sure if this is even possible but as the title suggests,
is it possible to give a coloured liquid properties so that once it dries, cools or evaporates it turns clear ? 

I've seen a glue on the market which is purple and turn clear when it dries, but I'm wanting this to dry without residue and be like water.

Thanks In advance 

Jon

What is the application you are after? This might determine what can and can't be used.  

Clock reactions spring to mind. Although I am not sure what you want the liquid for.  The iodine one goes from clear to black after a predictable amount of time. I think there are other similar reactions based on the same chemistry where the balance of the reaction is kept in check by another chemical - once it gets used up it changes colour. Maybe there is a clock reaction that goes clear or something - idk - you'd have to look it up. The iodine one is the reverse of what you want - starting clear and going deep purple/black.

We make a paint that is white...  but dries clear.  This is just because the emulsion is white whilst dispersed but is clear as a dried polymer film once it has coalesced.  Sorry - I know that doesn't help - as I said - might be easier if we knew what your application/need was.

Thanks for your input DRP,

That's kind of thing I'm hoping to explore.

Application wise I'm just after a solution that I can write with that dries clear and leaves no residue and is non harmful. Once dry the surface will not affect skin etc and be okay to touch.

I guess there are disappearing inks already in use but are these usable on any surface ?

Ideally a number of colours could be used.

Thanks,

Lemmon juice?

It is clear  -  you write it and it is clear when dry.  You can heat it and the paper discolours and the writing becomes visible again.   Won't work on your skin though I wouldn't have thought.