Integrated Digital Calendar Wall Clock product.

prashantakerkar

3 minutes ago, prashantakerkar said:

Is it possible to design and manufacture a Integrated Digital Calendar Wall Clock product?

Obviously and easily. The simplest implementation would be to make tablet to display animated analog "wall clock" image. And have smartphone with WiFi/Bluetooth connection to set and clear dates which are important for user (and display them as e.g. different colors on clock). It could be made this week, if you would not waste time on asking these questions, instead learn Java/C/C++, and write such apps by yourself..

e.g. buy tablet, install your app, and sell it as "wall clock" with calendar functionality.. Tablet would display "wall clock", with special information in specific times. Let user configure them from regular smartphone and send to "wall clock-tablet" through WiFi/Bluetooth..

Thank you.

I mean Hardware Integrated Digital Calendar Wall Clock and not app software development.

I.e Consulting required from digital clock manufacturer. 

Is it feasible to design and manufacture a Hardware Integrated Digital Calendar Wall Clock product?

The Calendar will have a nice GUI displaying the Month, Day , Week & Year.

The Clock will display the time in 

HH:MM:Seconds AM/PM.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Edited by prashantakerkar
Content.

This is the sort of thing you find as an introductory example in logic design. Basically, it is a simple reject that could be done by anyone with some basic hardware and software skills.

Nowadays, with the wide range of cheap computers (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc) and add on displays, you probably don’t need much hardware knowledge. 

45 minutes ago, prashantakerkar said:

I mean Hardware Integrated Digital Calendar Wall Clock and not app software development.

If somebody is versatile in hardware nowadays, must be genius in software development..

Making it in pure hardware, would be tedious and tremendous mistake..

(any change in hardware, i.e. circuit, would be very hard to implement... any change of software means just spreading new update through WiFi/Internet.. doing the same in hardware = replace the all devices by brand new one.. )

18 minutes ago, Strange said:

Basically, it is a simple reject that could be done by anyone with some basic hardware and software skills.

I would not call it "basic skills".. but rather "middle average"..

Arduino, Raspberry Pi, is quite low level programming..

"low level" = "close to assembler" = "close to machine code programming"..

Edited by Sensei