Confusion about Daily Values and are some of them set unrealistically high?

tim.tdj

Hi Everyone

I have become very confused about the Daily Values of all of the vitamins and minerals etc we are supposed to consume in order to remain healthy. I have spent several hours over the last few days on the website that I won't link to because of the anti-advertising rules trying to work out how to put meals together in order to make sure I get at least 100% of all of my DVs every day and to be honest, I rather feel I have wasted my time because I have been unable to find a manageable combination of foods which takes every value over 100%. It is much harder than doing the Rubik's Cube. It also seems to me that some of the DVs are set rather high. For example, in order to eat my DV of potassium, I would have to eat about ten medium bananas or more than a kilogram of broccoli or the whole of a butternut squash every day. That is too much for me. I therefore suspect that very few people succeed in eating 100% of all of their DVs every day.

Is it healthier to just ignore the DVs and just eat what seems to be healthy to eat? Is there an alternative methodology for ensuring you are eating healthily which does not involve DVs?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim

Edited by Phi for All
commercial url removed