The Pi symbol "Π" is God's name in the bible, Pi is "3.14", and Ex "3:14" draws the Pi symbol when God says "I am that Pi" (new book)

lives2

31 minutes ago, DrP said:

...I must have eaten a few thousand pies in my time.

Wow, thats a lot of Pie for one DrP :D 

35 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

Just saw this in the 'Topic'' box. Thank god I've got the 'Religion' forum on my ban list. :) 

Beware, you have been lured into the forum darkside. This can cause severe knee jerk reactions unless you’re a Zen master :D 

17 minutes ago, koti said:

Wow, thats a lot of Pie for one DrP :D 

Beware, you have been lured into the forum darkside. This can cause severe knee jerk reactions unless you’re a Zen master :D 

I will argue for it to be here but I reserve the right not to participate and for me not to see it. Long live self-censorship.  :) 

9 minutes ago, iNow said:

It's actually an irrational number of pi

Looks like DrP’s proof of Pie being irrational is even simpler than Charles Hermite’s.

18 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

I will argue for it to be here but I reserve the right not to participate and for me not to see it. Long live self-censorship.  :) 

Once you feel the power of the darkside...

:P 

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 7:21 PM, Strange said:

3,141 ?

approximately. :P

lets say on average, 2 pies a week x 52 weeks for about 30 adult years - = 3120...   so very close. 

(not including mince pies a xmas - the figure would be uncountable).

Edited by DrP

• 4 years later...

The concept of linking the Pi number, which is infinite and never-ending, with the idea of God being eternal and limitless is intriguing. The idea that the Bible is a song and the symbols within it are music symbols and that when calculated correctly, they play the entire sequence of the Pi number is a unique perspective.I believe there is a hidden coherence between numbers and the Bible, and this new proposal adds another layer to that concept. I also think it is worth exploring other perspectives and beliefs, and I found an interesting post on no advertising, please

Edited by Phi for All
commercial link removed by moderator

2 hours ago, receivedxqy said:

The concept of linking the Pi number, which is infinite and never-ending, with the idea of God being eternal and limitless is intriguing. The idea that the Bible is a song and the symbols within it are music symbols and that when calculated correctly, they play the entire sequence of the Pi number is a unique perspective.I believe there is a hidden coherence between numbers and the Bible, and this new proposal adds another layer to that concept. I also think it is worth exploring other perspectives and beliefs, and I found an interesting post on commercial link removed

By "unique perspective" you mean "barking mad", I presume? 😁

Edited by Phi for All
No advertising, please.

4 hours ago, receivedxqy said:

Bible is a song and the symbols within it are music symbols and that when calculated correctly, they play the entire sequence of the Pi number is a unique perspective.

We don't need Bible for that. There are computer programs, not very complicated, and "when calculated correctly, they play the entire sequence of the Pi number".

Edited by Phi for All
Wrong poster quoted

On 8/10/2018 at 8:43 AM, DrP said:

Has anybody else noticed that a real edible pie, when you look at it from the top, is round like a circle!...  Pie = pi? It can't be a coincidence- It's blowing my mind.   :o

Don't wanna nit-pick, but a 'circle-shaped' pie is actually 2 pi.
So equating desserts with mathematical quantities is not self-consistent.

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2023 at 10:59 PM, MigL said:

Don't wanna nit-pick, but a 'circle-shaped' pie is actually 2 pi.
So equating desserts with mathematical quantities is not self-consistent.

Well, it's still pi in there, though. Sometimes there's a two, depending on if you start with radius or diameter. But then not for the other. Or just use diameter in calculating circumference, and radius in calculating area, and then you don't need a multiplying (or dividing) factor of 2 in either.

In the case of circumference, it's diameter (or 2 * radius): 

Circumference of a circle = pi * diameter

(which also = pi * (radius * 2))

In the case of area, it's pi and radius:

Area of a circle = pi * (radius)^2

(which also = pi * (diameter/2)^2)

Un fortunately there is another one of these coincidences with the  Kabba   the holy site of muslims....in Mecca....
The  town of mecca in in the Phi ( 1.618 ) point on earth cordinations  both on latitude &  longitude

Once  i wanted to  write this up on my personal website ( in my local language ) but then i  thought the believers of the  religion of piss think the world revolves around them by  default  and they  give themselves to impose themselves on everybody ......if i write this   then  their imposion  pressure would be pumped up so i decided not to write that.....