Hacking Computer Games

KHinfcube22

Back in my CyberStrike days, I took the raw memory of the application and used it to find the memory space of variables based on how they were changing, and then write directly into the programs memory to replace them with whatever value I wanted. I think that qualifies as real game hacking.

No it wasn't just using a trainer. Could change ANY variable in the game (or any application actually) so long as I could change it from inside the program.

I used the hardware version of the action replay to Crack (hacking is different thing again) many comp games, often it was very easy as it was all Floppy based back then when I was "Player" :)

basicly you`de simply freeze the game as soon as it had loaded, see how many rounds of Ammo for instance you had (we`ll say 5) then type TS 5

resume game fire a round and freeze it again then you`de see a list of possible mem adresses that contained the value of 5

then type T 4

and resume the game again, fire a round and freeze.

eventualy the list of addresses that changed from 5 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 were reduced by ellimination to a specific address. you`de the enter a new value to that address in Hex, for example you want to have 255 rounds, type : M c08870 ff

c08870 is a hypothetical mem addy, the ff value being your 255 shots.

resume game and keep firing :)

from the address you can back track to it`s call and NOP the "-" value, from there you have infinate shots :)

then re-write the boot block with this addon code observing all offsets and checksums, copy via the replay back to floppy (nibble copy is best) then load up with your new discs, you`ll have infinate ammo :)

ship a few thousand back to Denmark and await your paycheck :)

damn! I loved the 80`s and early 90`s :)))))

• 2 weeks later...

YT's post about memory addresses make me remember again the good old days I talked about in CyberStrike....

x45baf0:74b was the memory address of your score, which happened to be computed locally and then sent to the server. On my legit player, I earned about 750,000,000 playing daily for years (which was #1 most of the time). With that memory address, I made players that scored 2.4 billion (max before it rolled over into negatives) in minutes, and it took them hours to days to get the info off the server.

Remember' date=' I watch the tech channel everyonce in a while, I am a expert in this section.[/quote']

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahah... *deep breathe* hahahahahahahahahaha.

Stop wasting forum space. :rolleyes:

ya well, I was stupid when typed all this crap in. Stupid, arogant, and unedimakated. Now I am trained in such things. I learned alot from winhack, emulators, and just plain dos about this crap. that and Half-Life. But hey, I'm suprised to still see this here. But I still am the all time master of video games, with a total of playing a game 53 hours straight. MGS2- Substance VR.