Electronic display panels inside Elevator / Lift displaying Scrolling Flat Owners / Offices names.

prashantakerkar

Do you feel it is useful to have scrolling electronic display panels inside Elevator / Lift displaying Flat Owners names in each floor in Residential complex and Offices names in each floor of commercial complex building ?

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Edited by prashantakerkar
Content change.

It might be useful in commercial offices but should definitely not be something installed in a residential apartment block . That kind of information should only be given on a needs to know basis otherwise it’s an infringement of privacy and security. In my opinion.

43 minutes ago, prashantakerkar said:

Thank you.

Is it feasible to implement / install / commission the electronic scrolling display panel inside the Elevator?

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

It would be pretty straightforward. Could be a good school or undergrad project.

Most companies require visitors to register before they enter any elevator and don't want any external to decide where to go on their own.

They usually don't want internals to wander around without knowing where to go.

In other words: I doubt there would be a big market for it, but I might be forgetting something.

Hospitals perhaps?

Edited by Bender

21 minutes ago, Bender said:

Most companies require visitors to register before they enter any elevator

Perhaps that's why large department stores put the list of departments at the entrance to a lift, not inside it?

:)

Edited by studiot

Outside the elevator to look-up the floor/office number.

An App to guide you to the right office/store area, NFC to select floor, open secure doors.

More creepy - facial recognition to do the same.

Don't forget to display geo-located ads ;) - menswear, women's lingerie ... might work inside the elevator for a store.

I don't see it as useful inside the lift.

If you get in and the lift starts moving, you'd have to have a "stop now" button to press when the name of the place you are going to comes up. That could be hard in a crowded lift.

You also don't want people getting in the lift and watching the names scroll by before they choose a button to push. That'll slow down others.

A clear list outside the lift might be useful.

---

There's a local building with touch screens on each floor where you can select where you want to go, not just "up" or "down". The screen will tell you which lift to take, and when you  get in the lift knows where you want to go. I presume this is all very efficient as software can juggle the demands of all the people.

---

I used to take the lift to the top floor of the tallest building in Suva, Fiji. A recorded voice would introduce you to the building, then tell you the weather.

Even though I would go to the top floor, it never actually finished telling me the weather. Waste of time.

2 hours ago, pzkpfw said:

There's a local building with touch screens on each floor where you can select where you want to go, not just "up" or "down". The screen will tell you which lift to take, and when you  get in the lift knows where you want to go. I presume this is all very efficient as software can juggle the demands of all the people.

This seems to be a more successful trend that I have seen as well: make selection outside the elevator and no (selection) buttons inside.

Thank you.

Thanks for your valuable inputs provided.

Hospitals, Shopping Malls,Cinema Multiplexes, Residential, Commercial complexes .... could me more .....

Reference

----------------

This came to my mind taking reference of Real time monitor display displaying Arrival and Departure planes information inside International and Domestic Airports.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Edited by prashantakerkar
Spelling

11 minutes ago, prashantakerkar said:

Hospitals, Shopping Malls,Cinema Multiplexes, Residential, Commercial complexes .... could me more

For Hospitals and cinemas I see a possibility for a scanner in front of the elevator where you scan your ticket. In large companies perhaps a scanner for a visitors badge.

As mentioned before, residential is an absolute no-go for safety and privacy reasons.

One problem with allowing user interaction is that the IT fraternity soon persuade non savy managers to 'improve' the display with 'better' IT.

This has already happened on the automated tills at supermarkets where it now takes at least three menus to not buy a plastic bag.

Don't forget there are two kinds of situation, Public and Private.

So displays that are open to the public eg railway station lifts, are different from displays that are in private locations eg company internal lifts.