Capturing date and time camera image from Smartphone camera.

prashantakerkar

Thank you.

But actually the date and time stamp can be integrated technically on the image captured by the Smartphone device ? Is it feasible if not implemented?

I feel this is a important feature for all Smartphones. Or maybe this feature is not available on my Smartphone Android Redmi MI device?

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

1 minute ago, prashantakerkar said:

Thank you.

But actually the date and time stamp can be integrated technically on the image captured by the Smartphone device ? Is it feasible if not implemented?

Do you mean you want the time and date printed on the image? Some phones might support that (mine doesn't). Read the instruction manual. Or you might be able to get an app to add it to the image.

You could download Fastone image viewer.  Install it > Launch it  >  Select and open an image  > Push  the cursor to the right of the screen and a list of the image data will slide out. There is a menu on all 4 sides of the screen you can access. The top side shows all the photos in a folder.. The left side shows all the things you can do.

http://www.faststone.org

Thank you.

I will try the app.

I feel all Smartphones should have this modern feature as all images captured by the camera by default should have the date and time stamp. This feature should come with the Smartphone purchase irrespective of the manufacturer,model & operating system.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

4 hours ago, prashantakerkar said:

I feel all Smartphones should have this modern feature as all images captured by the camera by default should have the date and time stamp. This feature should come with the Smartphone purchase irrespective of the manufacturer,model & operating system.

What if I want to print a picture? I don't want the time and date on the actual print, EVER. Even if I needed a picture to show in a court of law, they won't take such a time stamp as evidence if I can use an app to change it. For legal forensic purposes, they'd probably want to see the whole phone.

What's wrong with all the information you already get? If you tap on a photo, you can look at the Settings (top right corner, three vertical dots), Details, and get every bit of info on the picture, including when it was taken down to the second.

5 hours ago, prashantakerkar said:

Smartphones store date and time inside of EXIF metadata, inside of your photo file. It's dangerous, invigilation friendly, feature. If somebody has access to the all photos ever made by people around the world (because wrote search bot engine, similar to Google or MSN, or has scraper on router), can detect where and when the same smartphone or digital camera was used, GPS location where pictures have been taken (it's just a matter of analyze a lot of metadata, to find the all apartments and houses somebody visited and made some photo).

Google, FB, Instagram, YouTube, MSN, etc. etc. (and the all who have access to raw jpeg), know exactly where you're living, with precision to couple meters, and where are your parents, children, friends, lovers houses. They just have to analyze metadata from photos that you voluntarily uploaded to their servers.

Edited by Sensei

Thank you.

Something interesting came to my mind which I would like to share.

Is it possible to print the Date & Time Stamp on the image captured by the Smartphone camera device with specific text colour say red,green,blue etc?

For example :

DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:Seconds.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar