hope

hoola

5 hours ago, Scott of the Antares said:

A friend who knows I am interested in Japanese and Chinese arts visited me and found this on catch up TV. It was all televised although I forget the program.

Found it. It is on youtube.

24 minutes ago, Eise said:

Found it. It is on youtube.

Very impressive. (But nothing beyond finely tuned, mechanical human skills!)

And, just to reference another thread ... We materialista and atheists are not like Spock from Star Trek; we don't look at something like that (or Olympic champions or whatever) and just dispassionately say, "yes, well done meat robot".

No, we go: "F***! Get out of here! No way he can ... @%$&! He did it. That is so freakin awesome!!" (Well, I did, anyway!)

And now there is a little bit of me going ... "I wonder how many attempts he had before he succeeded ... is it really genuine .. who are these people ..." But actually, I'm not that cynical !

Edited by Strange

46 minutes ago, Strange said:

Very impressive. (But nothing beyond finely tuned, mechanical human skills!)

And, just to reference another thread ... We materialista and atheists are not like Spock from Star Trek; we don't look at something like that (or Olympic champions or whatever) and just dispassionately say, "yes, well done meat robot".

No, we go: "F***! Get out of here! No way he can ... @%$&! He did it. That is so freakin awesome!!" (Well, I did, anyway!)

And now there is a little bit of me going ... "I wonder how many attempts he had before he succeeded ... is it really genuine .. who are these people ..." But actually, I'm not that cynical !

Indeed, it's only lucky if it's not intended.

I have read that we already know that movement is registered within the brain sometime before the act is followed through.  IF... a form of entanglement is arranged between the brains of the two individuals prior to performing the sword cutting the BB trick, specifically within that realm of shared awareness of the two, and the two individual maintain focus of a common perception of intent of a predetermined positive outcome, during the leadup and duration of that test, then a positive outcome of the test changes from nearly impossible to something less so . Saying that, I am certainly skeptical of the supposed validity of the that form of testing, and don't consider it in any way other than it's entertainment value, unless it could be repeated, just as normal esp testing requires, a preferred method to address the overall question of how the trick might have been done, based upon fundamentals.

Edited by hoola