Wear OS Background Services

Carl Fredrik Ahl

Hi,

I am using the ticwatch s and there are a lot of background services that run in the background that you can see if you look at the apps on the watch. I understand that background services is needed, but I don't know what all of them do and that is enjoying. Can someone plz list all background services and what they do?

Either don't worry about it or sling it, it's Google, it wants to know everything about you and where you go and so do all their "trusted" affiliate companies that have apps in it. It's the apps you want to look at, not the background services, which are part of the apps.

Programmers are splitting tasks to processes/services which are responsible for just one, or few things, instead of doing everything in one. It's also easier for developers: they're assigned to certain "project" and responsible for it and maintenance.

However, services can be misused by hackers. Service made by hacker can be pretending the real service.

On Windows OS, service can be automatically restarted when system detects it is not running (because has been shutdown by user, 3rd party process, or because it simply crashed due to internal error in source code). Admin can enable or disable this behavior in "Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Services". Some services are so essential, that shutting them down, is causing restart of computer. In extreme situation this leads to infinite loop of restarts of machine. In such case, there is needed to start in safe mode, and find service which is restarting computer, and disallow it to restart, in admin panel. Go to this panel and you will see hundred services..