Why is there no forum for (insert field here)?

I'm with cabiterol and herpguy

"Aerospace forum"

It could be in physics but it also has computer science /mathematics / chemistry - you need a separate forum. Its the only way.

I second military science . . . as 2nd.

I think it would be good if there was a systems biology subsection in the biology forum as I'd like to find out more about this relatively new field.
Relatively new fields won't get their own forum until they become at least moderately popular fields. Start some threads about it and when we have a preponderance we will most surely start a sub-forum. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I think it would be a good idea to break up the engineering section into a few subcategories: aeronautical, chemical, electrical, etc.

I'd really like to see electrical as a sub-section, perhaps genetic engineering if people aren't too shakey about that. Some like playing around with bacteria and changing their genome; glow-in-the-dark bacteria are a new fad.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with a Social Science forum, because there is so much philospohical nonsense going under the guise of "Social Science". People get PhDs based on philosophy, conjecture etc., and the field goes nowhere, yet could eventually be a very positive pursuit in the future. This site has enough hard core skeptics that we actually might be able to find the few diamonds in the rough.

what type of legal troubls?
Liability. We don't want anyone to get hurt by trying an experiment they read about here.

There are some great experiments in the Chemistry section. Make sure to use all the precautions the members and Experts recommend. Trying each experiment the right way means you get to do more than one. :)

• 1 month later...

Since we opened we have had a mere handful of geological topics discussed... the geology threads are fine in the General Sciences forum for now.

Maybe if a load of geologists arrive we will make a forum for it, and we might even get to find out why it rocks.

Since we opened we have had a mere handful of geological topics discussed... the geology threads are fine in the General Sciences forum for now.

Maybe if a load of geologists arrive we will make a forum for it' date=' and we might even get to find out why it rocks.[/quote']

heh i see what you did there.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not a forum for "logical argument" or perhaps "illogical argument" in which to dump those endless religious threads that seem to revolve around things like whose responsibility is it to prove/disprove God, semantic wrigglings, and are often just a pulpit for certain people to preach from.

Might solve the too many religious threads problem. A sort of no holds barred arena for the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable.

• 3 weeks later...

How about an Agony Aunt forum? This idea prompted by the ongoing "girlfriend in a threesome" topic. In it could (should) go such heartfelt pleas such as feeling temporarily suicidal, and I may be a total jerk, but why does nobody love me?. There have been many others, too. Not worth trawling the archives to be specific. You all know what I mean. Personally, I find them embarrassing, incredible, or uproariously funny by turns. Nice to go directly to them when I need a good laugh.

I keep out of them, because I am usually tempted to say something like "never mind, kiddo, when you start to shave and are dry behind the ears, you will look back and turn pink with embarassment at having paraded your insecurities in public."