Why is there no forum for (insert field here)?

I think there are some redundancies. The Genetics and Biochemistry/Genetic Engineering sections should be merged. Same for Neurology and Psychiatry/Psychology, though that is just because most neurology questions are about how a neurological condition leads to a psychological one (or vice versa).

Biomedical Ethics could be broadened to include ethical aspects of science in general.

You know what would help clear up a lot of useless clutter? A "Creationist Bull****" forum.

Of course, you could probably name it something a bit less direct (though I feel my proposed title is quite accurate). But there's a large amount of this crap that clogs up boards and distracts from genuine scientific threads. By putting in it's own forum, those who want to debate it can just go to that forum, while preventing it from wasting space in other forums.

Mokele

• 2 weeks later...

Social Sciences/Economics and related area. We could move religion and politics there too. It would take time to take off, admitedly, but there are just not a lot of Economics forums out there so eventually it would attract a lot of new people to the forum.

languages would be cool. i have a basic grasp of german, french and japanese. not enough to hold any amazingly interesting conversations, but enough that i could start talking to people and improve my language, but i cant find any sites on the net which would allow me to do this. i tried a few chat sites, but man was that a mistake. the amount of things i can now say in german that im anatomically ill equiped to ever need to say ('mein mushi ist sehr fecht' springs to mind, as does 'ich selb fingern').

iv noticed a few people her are learning/know a foreighn language, and it could be cool to have a forum where we could chat and improve our foreighn language. might also b useful as the chat would consievably have a scientifical slant, which would be an added bonus as we could learn to talk with foreighn scientist.

Social Sciences/Economics and related area. We could move religion and politics there too. It would take time to take off, admitedly, but there are just not a lot of Economics forums out there so eventually it would attract a lot of new people to the forum.

I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to make the pm number change to red when you have unread pms. Or better make the link go red. Its probably just me but I'm sad and don't get many messages, so I don't look at it much and may miss it for a while when I get a message. :)

• 2 weeks later...

we really need an organic chemistry forum. orgo is quite possibly the most relevant science in today's world (think medicine, genetic engineering, plastics, and thats just the beginning) and we're missing out by not having an orgo forum to discuss such topics in.

the chem forums is already overrun with new posts daily, with a huge range of topics. i suggest we eliminate this clutter by creating an organic chemistry forum