Disable a bullet gun with magnetic fields?

fredreload

8 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Can you use laser to shoot down a bullet?

Laser with enough power, can melt flying bullet, and then vaporize it...

In the case of rocket, there is needed just little damage which will cause malfunction of electronics and/or engines.

8 minutes ago, Sensei said:

In the case of rocket, there is needed just little damage which will cause malfunction of electronics and/or engines.

Right, but the gun is purely mechanical, to disable the gun remotely perhaps through raining, but with electromagnetic field seems hard

P.S Also comes in many types of different materials

11 minutes ago, fiveworlds said:

Yes put the gun with bullets in an oven.

I doubt it. You could do it to a missile though.

You could use directed microwave on the gun powder

Edited by fredreload

17 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Give the bullet a chrome jacket, now, how much power does a laser need?

Reflectivity/reflectance of material changes with temperature. Bullet accelerated to high velocity is heated by air resistance, which renders room temperature reflectivity graphs of e.g. Chrome useless to answer your question.

Edited by Sensei

2 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Reflectivity/reflectance of material changes with temperature. Bullet accelerated to high velocity is heated by air resistance, which renders room temperature reflectivity graphs of e.g. Chrome useless to answer your question.

Hmm, this brings me to my other question though. A pure projectile weapon without the gun powder cannot be stopped, like a sling shot

2 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Not my point and you know that.

2 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Hmm, this brings me to my other question though. A pure projectile weapon without the gun powder cannot be stopped, like a sling shot

A thick enough brick wall will stop it.

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Not my point and you know that.

A thick enough brick wall will stop it.

True, but seriously, how many people go around threatening people with a bow and arrow except the mocking jay?

Edited by fredreload

There was a gun for cops that used an electromagnetic field to stop the firing mechanism with finger recognition. So if the cop was disarmed by an attacker the gun would be useless. You could also stop the firing mechanism remotely. The design was flawed though because a strong magnet could get it to fire again. A better idea would be to use a small motor to stop the firing mechanism that way a magnet would be of no help to an attacker.

18 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Somewhat less than it did before- I'm a werewolf.

Unless it's a UV laser  below about 360 nm

mirror.png

I'm a vampire :D, unless you hit duds this gun powder thing would be kind of tricky to deal with

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder

2 hours ago, Sensei said:

Right, that'll stop the fusion chain reaction <_<

Edited by fredreload