Making SnSO4

AriefP

Hello everyone, I have an assignment to describe SnSO4 with effective method and most economic way possible in industry.
Is there can help my with this assignment? I just need some source for this topic.

Thank you very much!!!

What is source of Tin.. ? Pure metal or some ore (contaminated by 3rd party compounds).. ?

What is source of H2SO4.. ? Do you have raw Sulfur or ready sulfuric acid or some sulfate salt.. ?

One (probably not very efficient) way would be electrolysis of metallic Tin, and then mix it with H2SO4. Then heat it to remove water.

From Wikipedia page about SnSO4

"Sn (s) + CuSO4 (aq) → Cu (s) + SnSO4 (aq)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin(II)_sulfate

Edited by Sensei

On 7/14/2018 at 7:44 PM, Sensei said:

What is source of Tin.. ? Pure metal or some ore (contaminated by 3rd party compounds).. ?

What is source of H2SO4.. ? Do you have raw Sulfur or ready sulfuric acid or some sulfate salt.. ?

One (probably not very efficient) way would be electrolysis of metallic Tin, and then mix it with H2SO4. Then heat it to remove water.

From Wikipedia page about SnSO4

"Sn (s) + CuSO4 (aq) → Cu (s) + SnSO4 (aq)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin(II)_sulfate

what i use here is pure Tin in powder form, and H2SO70%
what i need is there any source material that discuss about this topic
thanks

You should give us some more boundary conditions of your assignment. A good economic analysis of the production of a chemical is quite difficult! It involves a comparison of multiple reaction routes, and includes an estimate of the costs of the factory for all routes (investment and operating costs). I kinda doubt that your assignment is that complex.

Have you found any papers yet that describe the reaction routes? Maybe you can post the links you found so far here, then we can point out what is important in those.

But please do not expect us to do a literature search for you. That is your homework, not ours!!

On 16/07/2018 at 4:07 AM, CaptainPanic said:

You should give us some more boundary conditions of your assignment. A good economic analysis of the production of a chemical is quite difficult! It involves a comparison of multiple reaction routes, and includes an estimate of the costs of the factory for all routes (investment and operating costs). I kinda doubt that your assignment is that complex.

Have you found any papers yet that describe the reaction routes? Maybe you can post the links you found so far here, then we can point out what is important in those.

But please do not expect us to do a literature search for you. That is your homework, not ours!!

I just found one route to make SnSO4 from the internet 

This is the url : https://patents.google.com/patent/US2726929

But assignment goal is to compare at least two route of making SnSO4 and choose one route that most economic.

Thanks for your help..