"Putin's Fine, We're All Fine"

Airbrush

1 hour ago, Ten oz said:

The contradictions on this defy all logic. Investigations into Russia's meddling are fake news, excuse making by liberals, based on fabricated evidence illegally manufactured by deep state Democratic agents, and Obama's fault because it happened on his watch. Meanwhile Trump's own appointed team insist they happened and Trump himself both claims to agree and disagree with his own team. Trump supporters appear to just accept all this as Trump being Trump. That Trump counter punches and contradicts the media because they are all liars anyway but behind closed doors is doing whatever the right thing is. Proof that Trump is right can be found in his numerous victories: the economy has never been better, NATO has never been stronger now that he made everyone pay up, North Korea gave up their Nuclear program, The Syrian War is over, ISIS is totally defeated, and we are all allowed to use " Merry Christmas" again rather than"happy holidays". 

Donald Trump is becoming like the gun situation: ridiculous. Very shortly, nobody will believe him except his diehards.

His diehards are with him no matter what because they believe the ends justify the means, at any cost.  The "ends" is to make America great again.  To his supporters it doesn't matter how outrageous Trump is, he is just doing the dirty work for our own good.  Now I wonder what percentage of his supporters were fans of "The Apprentice"?  This looks like a cult of personality more than anything.

Trump gave his most recent performance yesterday, explaining all the confusion in Helsinki was simply word choice, he meant WOULDN'T and not WOULD.  Did anyone notice how he looked labored reading from the script?  It looked difficult for him to say the word "conclusion".  He looks aged and his speech was nearly slurred but muffled like the Godfather.   It looks like he is transforming into Marlon Brando as Don Corleone in front of our eyes. :huh:

14 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Trump gave his most recent performance yesterday, explaining all the confusion in Helsinki was simply word choice, he meant WOULDN'T and not WOULD. 

Look at the transcript of the press conference, and substitute "wouldn't" for "would". He'd be calling Putin a liar straight out, something he's NEVER done, and something that would have changed the entire tone of the event. If Trump had decided to call Putin out, claim there was no reason not to believe his intelligence services over Putin,  why wasn't it clearer, Mr Fearless Negotiator? If this was just confusion, why didn't he act confused at the time about the response when nobody reacted to his calling Putin out?

8 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Look at the transcript of the press conference, and substitute "wouldn't" for "would". He'd be calling Putin a liar straight out, something he's NEVER done, and something that would have changed the entire tone of the event. If Trump had decided to call Putin out, claim there was no reason not to believe his intelligence services over Putin,  why wasn't it clearer, Mr Fearless Negotiator? If this was just confusion, why didn't he act confused at the time about the response when nobody reacted to his calling Putin out?

I think his are actions of someone that doesn't have a clear goal and he's just hoping, when he throws everything up in the air, they will fall in a better position for him.

14 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

I think his are actions of someone that doesn't have a clear goal and he's just hoping, when he throws everything up in the air, they will fall in a better position for him.

I agree. Plus Putin is going to heal his confusion. One thing you have to give to Putin he’s a methodical, smart and capable to anticipate dictator. He ate Trump for breakfest in Helsinki and I’m sure he’s drinking champagne hearing Trump’s statement today. I sincerely have no idea how it is possible that Trump does what he does and it works for him. When I was 7 years old a friend of mine stole a toy soldier from me and his explanation was better than Trumps statement tonight. Amazing. 

Edited by koti

Just now, StringJunky said:

I think he uses the air toss/kick the anthill/knock over the chessboard tactic a lot when things go badly for him, but I do think he has some clear goals. They just aren't goals that are aligned with helping to lead the country/free world. Virtually every move he's made has weakened either the US, the EU, or NATO, and has given strength to states that actively pursue the same. If he didn't have clear goals, I don't think he'd have this clear pattern of shifting strength from "the good guys" to "the bad guys", and promoting the kind of leadership he wants America to have. 

The most recent message from the stable-genius, "our favorite president" about Putin's "incredible deal" of exchanging with the Mueller investigation, which includes sending 12 of Putin's enemies to Moscow for questioning (maybe execution?).  Trump thought over the "incredible deal" for several days before answering that he "disagreed" with Putin's "sincere offer."  This is getting Orwellian.  Trump just does not see it, because of his delusion.  He really thinks everybody is just like his employees (with non-disclosure agreements) or other people he manipulated and coerced by his wealth.  He got away with stupid ideas, ALL HIS LIFE, and those around him merely said "Good idea, Donald!"  When he came up with the absurd idea to explain any confusion about his Helsinki performance, by saying he meant WOULDN'T and not WOULD.  Everyone around him said, "yes, yes, good idea Donald!"

Edited by Airbrush