"Putin's Fine, We're All Fine"

Airbrush

This is what Trump has to say about Putin.  They will be meeting in private soon with no note takers.  They will give the secret handshake.  Putin will say "Keep up the good work Donald!"  And Trump will reply, "thanks for your help boss!"  

"Putin's fine.  We are all fine (wise guys, good fellas)"  We are all gangsters.  We are all wealthy Oligarchs.  That is gangster talk, short, concise, like a "wise guy".

I was watching the first Godfather movie yesterday and was astonished by how much the speech pattern of Trump (Queen's Douchbag) resembles a Mafia Don.  EFFECTIVE speech, communicates well mind you, use short words, short sentences, and active verbs, and that is what Trump always does.  Plus repetition, and repetition, etc...  Never an explanation, but always his greatest hits, repeated over and over.  It is a cult of personality now.  He is the great Anti-Obama.  Trump could say now "We don't need a wall on the border, improving the fence is good enough!!"  And his supporters will shout "Yeah!  No wall, just improve the fence!!" 

Edited by Airbrush

According to the Russian foreign minister, Sergey Lavrov, it was Trump that requested nobody take notes of the meeting.  I saw this on cable TV news.  This is strange because for meetings with Putin the US has ALWAYS wanted notes taken in the past. 

Is it possible that because of the unique situation with Trump and Putin that Mueller could get a subpoena for a bugging device to be inserted into the meeting for security?  Why can't a translator just have a recording device in their pocket?  Or even just a cell phone that is on?  Will everybody entering the meeting be scanned for bugging devices?

Edited by Airbrush

12 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Or even just a cell phone that is on?  Will everybody entering the meeting be scanned for bugging devices?

Most certainly everyone will be scanned. I don't think they'll be cavity searched, but then I'm not in the secret service or whoever else is in charge where the meeting takes place. 

If Mueller has serious evidence against Trump, wouldn't that be enough for a "Mission Impossible" type of operation to record what happens in the secret meeting between Trump and Putin?  I assume that the US and Russia each do an independent scan of the room and persons in the room to make sure there are no bugs.  But can't the CIA drill a hole in the floor and poke a bugging device through or something clever like that?  Or was the exact location of the meeting secret until the last moment?

From Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/07/16/media-slams-trump-following-putin-summit-one-most-disgraceful-performances-by-american-president.html

“Horrible performance from our President today. Pretty ugly when u give a pass to a nation that is undermining our democracy,” Fox Business anchor Trish Regan tweeted.

Fox News’ Neil Cavuto called the press conference “disgusting," while his colleague Stuart Varney added, “It was not a very forceful presentation from President Trump with Putin standing right next to him. Not forceful at all.”

“Noticing on Twitter that many of the normal Trump defenders are struggling mightily to defend today’s performance,” NBC News’ Chuck Todd said.

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro called Trump’s performance “self-serving and utterly grotesque,” before declaring Trump “made a fool of himself.” The BBC’s headline simply stated, “Trump sides with Russia against FBI.”

Conservative strategist Chris Barron tweeted, “Not pleased with Trump's Putin press conference. Doesn't feel like America First.”

47 minutes ago, MigL said:

Is it ( finally ) time to talk impeachment ?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Republicans control the House, the Senate, 69 of 99 state legislatures, 33 of 50 governorships, most courts, and they’re days/weeks away from flipping the Supreme Court itself, and all the while support for Trump among Republicans is a consistent jaw droppingly high 90%.

So, I’m gonna say no, at least not until after the midterms this November at the absolute earliest, and even that’s a Hail Mary. 

Edited by iNow

Trump's foreign policy after 2 years in office is: Canada is a National Security threat and trading foe, Theresa May is weak and Brexit isn't moving forward aggressively enough, Kim Jung-un is a talented leader who knows have to get thing done and the world needs  to leave him alone, Assad is a good dude too, China are an economic foe except for when Trump family businesses need nothing, German is a foe, France is a foe, and Russia is the single most important nation in the world the U.S. need to strive to have better relations with. Nothing listed  is an exaggeration. I used clearer and less aggressive language  than has Trump and his team. 

Trump is all about Trump first. He is not someone who has any allegiances. By continuing to support Trump Republicans are showing jaw dropping amounts of disrespect to the Constitution. The U.S. wasn't designed to have a supreme leader. It is why the U.S. has 3 EQUAL branches of govt and individual States rights. The Republican party is ceding all branches, all powers, to Trump believing that maintaining power is more important than what tis done with that power. It is a Constitutional crisis. It has been all along. 

3 hours ago, Ten oz said:

Trump's foreign policy after 2 years in office is: Canada is a National Security threat and trading foe, Theresa May is weak and Brexit isn't moving forward aggressively enough, Kim Jung-un is a talented leader who knows have to get thing done and the world needs  to leave him alone, Assad is a good dude too, China are an economic foe except for when Trump family businesses need nothing, German is a foe, France is a foe, and Russia is the single most important nation in the world the U.S. need to strive to have better relations with. Nothing listed  is an exaggeration. I used clearer and less aggressive language  than has Trump and his team. 

Don't forget the FBI is a foe too.

Interesting that Trump keeps repeating that the DEMOCRATS SHOULD HAVE WON the election.  This tells me he never really wanted to be president.  It was all a publicity stunt.  He was planning to build Trump Tower Moscow.  The problem is he won the election.  Now he is trapped.  He complained that being president was harder than he thought it would be.  Then he settled into it because the constant attention he gets, for an extreme narcissist, is better than when he was simply the dictator of a private real estate company (that his father built for him), accountable to nobody but himself and the IRS.  Oh yeah, what about his tax returns?

If the democrats gain a majority in the house they can impeach him.  Then it will only take a few GOP senators to turn against him.  He already did his job as wrecking ball.  He reversed everything Obama did, and broke everything into pieces so we can start from scratch with Pence.  At least Pence does not have a severe personality disorder or is delusional.

Edited by Airbrush

2 hours ago, Airbrush said:

If the democrats gain a majority in the house they can impeach him.  Then it will only take a few GOP senators to turn against him.  He already did his job as wrecking ball.  He reversed everything Obama did, and broke everything into pieces so we can start from scratch with Pence.  At least Pence does not have a severe personality disorder or is delusional.

Pence is delusional, he thinks the Earth is 6,000 years old and all animals were created by god in their present form, evolution is just a theory... 

Pence is delusional but you raised a false equivalence.  Trump's delusion is far more serious that Pence.  It will be interesting having Pence as president, and yet hard to imagine, since he is so outrageously subservient to Trump.  He speaks of Trump like he is a god "We are blessed by you for keeping your promises to the American people!!"  Trump chose Pence as VP for MAINLY his subservience.  Only one Alpha Male in the White House.  Pence would be like having a puppy dog for president.  I think he will consult with the experts and rely on them more than the know-it-all "stable genius" who thinks he has ALREADY prepared for every challenge of his presidency, which is SEVERE delusion. :o

Remember he didn't need to "prepare" for his meetings with world leaders because he has been preparing ALL HIS LIFE, as dictator of a private real estate company, surrounded by yes-men, yes-women, and yes-attorneys, protected by non-disclosure agreements his entire professional life.  No wonder he looks like a spoiled 10-year-old, puffing up his lips to look like a tough guy, a gangster.

"Putin's fine, we're all fine...just leave it to us wealthy oligarchs to rule the world."

Edited by Airbrush

6 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Pence is delusional but you raised a false equivalence.  Trump's delusion is far more serious that Pence.  It will be interesting having Pence as president, and yet hard to imagine, since he is so outrageously subservient to Trump.  He speaks of Trump like he is a god "We are blessed by you for keeping your promises to the American people!!"  Trump chose Pence as VP for MAINLY his subservience.  Only one Alpha Male in the White House.  Pence would be like having a puppy dog for president.  I think he will consult with the experts and rely on them more than the know-it-all "stable genius" who thinks he has already prepared for every challenge all his presidency, which is SEVERE delusion. :o

Pence was chosen by Manafort. Don't dismiss that connection to Russia, or that Pence could be complicit in this whole affair.

23 minutes ago, swansont said:

Pence was chosen by Manafort. Don't dismiss that connection to Russia, or that Pence could be complicit in this whole affair.

I was not aware of that.  Good point.  Pence and Trump are soooo connected that they may go away together. :)

"President Donald Trump attempted on Tuesday to clarify his widely criticized comments in Helsinki, saying that he had misspoken when he said a day earlier that he did not see why Russia WOULD have meddled in the election. Trump said Tuesday he meant to say he did not see any reason why it wouldn't have been Russia that interfered.

"I thought that I made myself very clear, but having just reviewed the transcript I realized that there is a need for some clarification," Trump said Tuesday at the White House. "The sentence should have been...'I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia'."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/24-hours-later-trump-claims-he-misspoke-in-helsinki-meant-to-say-russia-did-have-reason-to-meddle-in-election/ar-AAAdJrm

Again, Trump assumes everybody is too stupid to notice his absurd "correction."  There is no way he really meant to say "I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia."  That is contrary to the context of what he said before and after, that Putin is "strong and powerful"  (BTW that shows some mental lapse since strong and powerful are the same thing.)  

If it was true that he really thought it was Russia, then he would, or should, have confronted Putin with lying to him.  "Mr. Putin I believe you are lying to me."  People who were spoiled their entire life think they can always get away with anything, here is another example.

Edited by Airbrush

3 hours ago, Airbrush said:

Pence is delusional but you raised a false equivalence.  Trump's delusion is far more serious that Pence.

As VP Pence has access to top Intelligence reports. At this point the fact he hasn't resigned makes him complicit to everything that is happening.  

9 hours ago, Airbrush said:

Pence is delusional but you raised a false equivalence.  Trump's delusion is far more serious that Pence.  It will be interesting having Pence as president, and yet hard to imagine, since he is so outrageously subservient to Trump.  He speaks of Trump like he is a god "We are blessed by you for keeping your promises to the American people!!"  Trump chose Pence as VP for MAINLY his subservience.  Only one Alpha Male in the White House.  Pence would be like having a puppy dog for president.  I think he will consult with the experts and rely on them more than the know-it-all "stable genius" who thinks he has ALREADY prepared for every challenge of his presidency, which is SEVERE delusion. :o

Remember he didn't need to "prepare" for his meetings with world leaders because he has been preparing ALL HIS LIFE, as dictator of a private real estate company, surrounded by yes-men, yes-women, and yes-attorneys, protected by non-disclosure agreements his entire professional life.  No wonder he looks like a spoiled 10-year-old, puffing up his lips to look like a tough guy, a gangster.

"Putin's fine, we're all fine...just leave it to us wealthy oligarchs to rule the world."

No, I suggest Pence is or would be certifiable in any sane society. He actually believes this stuff... 

bb01e80262140eabac774e24bbd2a6b0--religi

Edited by Moontanman

13 hours ago, Airbrush said:

"President Donald Trump attempted on Tuesday to clarify his widely criticized comments in Helsinki, saying that he had misspoken when he said a day earlier that he did not see why Russia WOULD have meddled in the election. Trump said Tuesday he meant to say he did not see any reason why it wouldn't have been Russia that interfered.

"I thought that I made myself very clear, but having just reviewed the transcript I realized that there is a need for some clarification," Trump said Tuesday at the White House. "The sentence should have been...'I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia'."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/24-hours-later-trump-claims-he-misspoke-in-helsinki-meant-to-say-russia-did-have-reason-to-meddle-in-election/ar-AAAdJrm

Again, Trump assumes everybody is too stupid to notice his absurd "correction."  There is no way he really meant to say "I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be Russia."  That is contrary to the context of what he said before and after, that Putin is "strong and powerful"  (BTW that shows some mental lapse since strong and powerful are the same thing.)  

If it was true that he really thought it was Russia, then he would, or should, have confronted Putin with lying to him.  "Mr. Putin I believe you are lying to me."  People who were spoiled their entire life think they can always get away with anything, here is another example.

That change doesn't explain much, since the wording in the rest of his statements makes his position clear.

And if he now acknowledges interference in the election, he needs to explain why he has done nothing to protect the US against further attacks, and is still pushing back on the Mueller investigation.

I had the displeasure of debating a Trump supporter about this today.  They gave Donny a complete free pass, dismissing it as "fake news". 

"The liberal media this, the liberal media that."  Jeesh...

I think the core reason is Trump supporters prefer to feel rather than think, they prefer emotion over logic.

Trump today:  “Let me be totally clear in saying that … I accept our intelligence community’s conclusion,” Trump said, reading from a prepared script. He then added: “It could be other people also. There’s a lot of people out there.”

That ranks right up there with: "It's surrounded by water: Big Water."

Edited by Alex_Krycek

59 minutes ago, swansont said:

And if he now acknowledges interference in the election, he needs to explain why he has done nothing to protect the US against further attacks, and is still pushing back on the Mueller investigation.

The contradictions on this defy all logic. Investigations into Russia's meddling are fake news, excuse making by liberals, based on fabricated evidence illegally manufactured by deep state Democratic agents, and Obama's fault because it happened on his watch. Meanwhile Trump's own appointed team insist they happened and Trump himself both claims to agree and disagree with his own team. Trump supporters appear to just accept all this as Trump being Trump. That Trump counter punches and contradicts the media because they are all liars anyway but behind closed doors is doing whatever the right thing is. Proof that Trump is right can be found in his numerous victories: the economy has never been better, NATO has never been stronger now that he made everyone pay up, North Korea gave up their Nuclear program, The Syrian War is over, ISIS is totally defeated, and we are all allowed to use " Merry Christmas" again rather than"happy holidays". 

Edited by Ten oz