Explanation of the killings in Exodus

MassMan

2 hours ago, Silvestru said:

Why do we never see people from other religions post these kinds of things?

Evidently we get few Islamic or polytheistic apologists, trust me when I say islamic apologists are several IQ points below Christian apologists and I thought their dishonest portrayal of science was without shame. Youtube is full of islamic apologists making complete liars and idiots out of themselves, it's entertainment of a sort but I seldom engage with them due to it being more fun to just sit back and watch the trainwreck... 

On 7/8/2018 at 8:21 PM, John Cuthber said:

Nope.

40 days and 40 nights.

Or do we not believe what it says in the Bible?

That's what I really mean.

On 7/8/2018 at 10:29 PM, John Cuthber said:

Can He set Himself a task He can't accomplish?

If He can then that task id impossible for Him.

If not then the job of setting that task is impossible for Him.

One way or another, one of those is impossible for Him.

How long will it take you to realise that the preachers have misled you?

That's not omniscience, that's omnipotence. Omnipotence doesn't imply that God can do the logically impossible like the example you gave. That's logically impossible. There are verses also in the Bible that's impossible for God to do like He is impossible to lie. It is logically impossible as a married bachelor. Again omnipotence doesn't imply that God can do the impossible. He can do what's possible. The quote " With God nothing is impossible" doesn't mean He can do the impossible but rather it means He can do things impossible to us humans.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:45 PM, koti said:

This is the essence of this whole thread. You are giving an explanation for the killings in Exodus, your fallacious arguments are then being contradicted by a series of rational posts explaining where your line of thinking has gone wrong and you then use the „with God nothing is impossible” argument which is the purest form of ignorance because it relies entirely on faith and nothing else. By definition, no amount of rational, logical, experimentaly confirmed information can cope with this. The question is why are you trying to rationally explain  the killings in the Exodus in the first place when you clearly admit yourself that the reason is: „Because God” 

Edit:

And in case you missed it, there is an intrinsic discrepancy between „Rational” and „Because God” concepts. Can we agree on this at least? No one is trying to take your faith away from you, the reason your posts are being firmly countered in this thread is that you are trying to rationallize your faith. Its Sunday, go celebrate your faith and leave the realm of the rational out of it. Trying to do so is a dead end street and esentially a paradox from your own example - a married bachelor. 

I don't get that it is being contradicted. They only show to me that Omniscience of God contradicts freewill but I give an explanation for it.

Edited by MassMan

1 hour ago, MassMan said:

That's what I really mean.

I don't get that it is being contradicted. They only show to me that Omniscience of God contradicts freewill but I give an explanation for it.

If you claim „white” and somebody delivers a rationally sound explanation that its in fact „black”, you don’t get to say „That’s what I really mean”

Thats not how rational thinking works.

2 hours ago, MassMan said:

That's not omniscience, that's omnipotence.

I would posit they're the same thing, or at the least they're inseparable in the minds of believers. How could a god be capable of doing EVERYTHING without knowing EVERYTHING? Do you claim there is a way for a god to know all without being able to do all?

It's all basically claiming the Abrahamic god has unlimited power, and is capable of anything. In this particular case, these two words mean the same thing.

There are verses also in the Bible that's impossible for God to do like He is impossible to lie.

What about Genesis 2, where he tells Adam that the day he eats from the tree of knowledge of good and evil is the day he'll surely die? Surely... die. Using the Hebrew words that imply he'll be killed, rather than dying of something. Which didn't happen, which an omniscient god would already know wasn't going to happen, so the god is obviously capable of lying. 

Again omnipotence doesn't imply that God can do the impossible. He can do what's possible. The quote " With God nothing is impossible" doesn't mean He can do the impossible but rather it means He can do things impossible to us humans.

So omnipotence doesn't imply your god can change the physical attributes of the observable universe? God can't do the impossible like snap his fingers and make gravity behave differently? Or stop a known chemical reaction from happening predictably? 

5 hours ago, MassMan said:

That's not omniscience, that's omnipotence.

Like it matters...

Does God know what question He can't answer?

And also, here's my favourite proof about God.
"God can't exist because of Eric The God-Eating Magic Penguin. Since Eric is God-Eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. So, if God exists, He automatically ceases to exist as a result of being eaten. Unless you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, God doesn't exist. Even if you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, that same proof will also be applicable to God. There are only two possibilities - either you can prove that Eric doesn't exist or you can't - in both cases it logically follows that God doesn't exist."

Edited by John Cuthber

29 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

"God can't exist because of Eric The God-Eating Magic Penguin. Since Eric is God-Eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. (...)

The older you are, the more childish you are... Do you realize it.. ?

36 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

I'm 52, how old are you?

Also, no matter whether you think it's childish or not, the logic is correct.

It's equally absurd as the notion that an omnipotent being exists... Which I surmise is exactly the point

MassMan: You are in the correct thing, God does not play the given ones...
The world is a product of appearance....
The human life is friendly with appearances and probabilities, it is to be between the life and the death...
Everything what it feigns is of the man (we), (We) do not confuse the man with God. God does not hold in appearances, us if...
Everything what the man is... It is extremely an appearance, Everything what God is Is Extremely real and Good...
The Supreme conscience, it belongs To God and to God The Kingdoms belong.
Of our relative mind, it is possible to extract nothing correct absolute, God does not submit to Calculations....
Any justification and act that God does this one much over the Man, with this I repeat it again....

7 minutes ago, johnny2710 said:

MassMan: You are in the correct thing, God does not play the given ones...
The world is a product of appearance....
The human life is friendly with appearances and probabilities, it is to be between the life and the death...
Everything what it feigns is of the man (we), (We) do not confuse the man with God. God does not hold in appearances, us if...
Everything what the man is... It is extremely an appearance, Everything what God is Is Extremely real and Good...
The Supreme conscience, it belongs To God and to God The Kingdoms belong.
Of our relative mind, it is possible to extract nothing correct absolute, God does not submit to Calculations....
Any justification and act that God does this one much over the Man, with this I repeat it again....

As any word exists, therefore God exists....

Edited by johnny2710

Perhaps are you one metaphysician?, teach me the way?

Say to me a word that should not contain verb? and you will be free...

3 minutes ago, johnny2710 said:

Perhaps are you one metaphysician?, teach me the way?

We do not know who we are, only verb and any more verb.... Words and more words, and nothing more...
Which is the route, which?.... There is no route...
He said It: The es the way.
Which truth, The es the truth.
Which life, The es the life.
No metaphysician the highest stage of the philosophy will discover this. I am not conferred a doctorate in physics, I am a philosopher.

How does it exist One does the different thing exist, perhaps the justification of the man (we) will be major than that of God?
It justifies... We are inside your mind, and any thing that you already say knows it.. It does not govern you, leaves you... That depends on the circumstance.. I repeat it depends on the circumstance....

God does not play the given ones on the universe, we are inside his Creation.

39 minutes ago, johnny2710 said:

Heres a couple adjectives: Asinine & Incomprehensible.
Can I/we be free of your nonsense from now on?

1 hour ago, John Cuthber said:

Eric the God-eating penguin is a perfectly possible notion, and proves the non-existence of God.

I think your two logically sound thought experiments - the impossible task and Eric the god eater stand no chance in this thread, its pigeon chess and its going to stay that way no matter what untill a mod comes in and ends this. Preferably Phi could come up with a neat, stylish speech and let this poor thread die in peace.