donor sperm

dan.areez

hi all,
my dear husband (dh) is azoospermic, so after 13 years of fertility treatments, failed ivfs, failed micro teses.
we used dh's friends sperm to concieve, now my son is 11 months, 
but one very depressing thought always crops our mind, what if any one discovers our way of parenthood, my child's face has a remarkable resemblence to the donor, and to worse things, the donor just lives couple of blocks from us. please suggest me how should we deal with this, husband is very upset, we live in a conservative family, no one is going to take this news easy if they discover it, please give suggestions how should we deal, i am thakful for your advices and suggestions, can also mail me on no advertising allowed here

Edited by Phi for All
No advertising, please

There's nothing genetically that can be done to change the child's parentage, so I'm not sure why you're asking here.

Does the conservative family know you chose artificial insemination, but not who the donor is, or do they think you conceived through the fertility treatments? If they know the sperm but not the donor, then any resemblances can be called coincidental. If they won't accept anything but normal conception, then there's nothing you can do. And if they accept artificial insemination but not from your dh's friend, then obviously they object because you didn't choose one of them instead.

I think it's a bit late for your husband to be upset about this. You had 14 years to decide how much you want a child. Where he came from is hardly more important than how much you love him now he's here.