free energy?

Moontanman

27 minutes ago, fiveworlds said:

Magnet causes electrons in the copper plate to move in a certain direction. This causes electromagnetic induction in the two coils which in turn causes electromagnetic induction in the bulb. 

LOL
It's faked- there's a Tesla coil or some such under the table.

1 hour ago, Moontanman said:

I know this cannot really be free energy but where does the energy to light the bulb come from and how long can the bulb stay lit? 

Moon, if you have an induction stove at home you can see how its done for yourself. Grab a piece of wire, say 2 feet long, strip the ends of the wire and connect a cheap LED from a hardware store to both ends of the wire. Turn the wire to make a coil, 6 or 7 turns should do it depending on the LED type. Then grab a pair of big pliers (make sure they're insulated), grab the turned wire with the LED attached to both ends and put it on the induction stove. The LED will „magically” light up :) 

Edited by koti

52 minutes ago, koti said:

Moon, if you have an induction stove at home you can see how its done for yourself. Grab a piece of wire, say 2 feet long, strip the ends of the wire and connect a cheap LED from a hardware store to both ends of the wire. Turn the wire to make a coil, 6 or 7 turns should do it depending on the LED type. Then grab a pair of big pliers (make sure they're insulated), grab the turned wire with the LED attached to both ends and put it on the induction stove. The LED will „magically” light up :) 

Even an induction stove must have an input of energy, unplug an induction stove and it stops heating the pan. Where is the energy coming from and how long will the bulb stay lit on that source. If this is accepted at face value then it would be a great way to provide lighting to a flash light, no moving parts no input of energy.  

1 hour ago, John Cuthber said:

LOL
It's faked- there's a Tesla coil or some such under the table.

Faked? It would be nice to see under that table for sure.

36 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Even an induction stove must have an input of energy, unplug an induction stove and it stops heating the pan. Where is the energy coming from and how long will the bulb stay lit on that source. If this is accepted at face value then it would be a great way to provide lighting to a flash light, no moving parts no input of energy.  

Most likely the guy in the video has an induction coil under the table. You can clearly see that when he increases the distance the bulb stops working. The video is probably done in the kitchen and the whole thing is done over an induction stove. It is also possible (less likely) that theres a hidden power source inside the bulb itself (a small lithium ion battery) One thing for sure, he did not break laws of thermo-dynamics with a bulb, couple of coppper plates and magnets :) 

1 hour ago, fiveworlds said:

Definitely, I seriously doubt he managed to get a bulb as large as that to light that way. 

He plainly did get a bulb that large to light by faking it.
On the other hand, as far as I can tell, your earlier suggestion wouldn't light a bulb of any size at all.

2 hours ago, Moontanman said:

If this is accepted at face value then it would be a great way to provide lighting to a flash light, no moving parts no input of energy.  

Indeed, that's how we know you can't accept it at face value, and it must be faked somehow.

33 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

He plainly did get a bulb that large to light by faking it.
On the other hand, as far as I can tell, your earlier suggestion wouldn't light a bulb of any size at all.

Indeed, that's how we know you can't accept it at face value, and it must be faked somehow.

Damn now I feel gullible... :unsure:

4 hours ago, Moontanman said:

... If this is accepted at face value then it would be a great way to provide lighting to a flash light, no moving parts no input of energy.

You hit a string with your flashlight reference :) 

I build flashlights as a hobby for 15 years now, take it from a flashaholic -  an induction based powersource can have no life in the portable flashlight world unless in a very specific, permanently mounted light source needing very short range „wireless” power trasmitance for some exotic reason. The amount of amperage that you can get from induction, even with say a 3kW coil like in your home induction stove is barely enough to power a tiny diode at even small ranges - an inch or two. And that effective range is determined by the inverse square law so when this guy in your video is holding his light bulb and increases its distance from the desk (a powersource hidden underneath it) by 2 inches - the current goes down by a factor of 4. And no, there is no plausible way of powering a light bulb with a few magnets, current produced by those magnets is orders of magnitude lower then that bulb needs to light up. I wont give you the exact numbers but Im pretty sure its orders of magnitude. If you ever need a flashlight PM me :D 

Edited by koti

Maybe a plasma ball under the table.

I have pump and crank flashlights. They will probably outlast me as it is.

Some kind of lava lamp style setup might work... Rising and falling gas as your moving 'component'. Still be demagnetizing the magnet though.

Edited by Endy0816
sp