Multiple types of hair growing

Pinna

Hi,

I can't find any info on the internet related to the following...

I have black curly hair (strong like a wire),brown wavy hair (thinner than black),blonde very thin straight hair,and sometimes gingerish straight hairs on my head.

They are all mixed up very evenly and you would tell I'm just a brunette  if you don't look close at my scalp.

WHY IS MY HAIR LIKE THAT?

And where can I find some ifo about it?

Thank you

Edited by Pinna

No one knows? Well I though this is a science forum. Not ''let's Google it then respond'' kind of forum??

is that a reason no replies have been posted? Because if you can't google it then you don't know?

If you could google it I would not ask the question here...

Very simple,isn't it?

Yeah , you can't google my question,you'll find nothing but hair  care sites.

Internet is useless when it comes to science or scientific work or answers.

1 hour ago, Pinna said:

is that a reason no replies have been posted?

Probably not. It's summer break for many students, and we don't get as much traffic. This is the first time I've had a chance to see this thread.

You obviously know your hair types, and why each does what it does. Many folks have a mixture of hair types on their heads. There are some chemicals and hormones that can alter hair on an individual, but mostly it's just genetic expression of your ancestry. But that seems like too obvious an answer.

Are you asking why the hair isn't in patches of similar hair types, but instead fairly evenly mixed and distributed? There could be physical reasons. Curly/wavy hair is a better absorber of shocks to the head, but straight hair allows more oils to reach the ends. A blend gives the benefits of multiple hair types.

I did wonder if it could be some form of mosaicism or chimerism (but I would have had to use google to find out more, so I didn't  :))

18 hours ago, Pinna said:

No one knows? Well I though this is a science forum. Not ''let's Google it then respond'' kind of forum??

Or maybe none of the current members are trichologists.

5 hours ago, Strange said:

Or maybe none of the current members are trichologists.

Oh, you're EVIL! You know how much I want to google that now. 

5 hours ago, Pinna said:

Thanks Phi...

You're welcome. You may not think of it as normal, but have you ever considered that, if one were able to design the best human head of hair, your pattern gives a very broad range of possible advantages? 

Does it have any disadvantages?

19 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Does it have any disadvantages?

Well,if it's longer than 3 inches It hurts when I rest my head on a pillow,wall,seat etc..because  the black curly hair is pulled and it's so rigid and thick it feels like it's grinding my scalp .

The aesthetic part....when my hair is longer it looks like a hay pile,because black and brown (curly and wavy)  push the other hair in all directions but it looks like I'm a brunette or a blonde with very messy hair.

On 07.07.2018. at 12:14 PM, Strange said:

I did wonder if it could be some form of mosaicism or chimerism (but I would have had to use google to find out more, so I didn't  :))

I did not mean it like that :)... Now I'm goonna google the mosaicism.

Thanks 

8 hours ago, Pinna said:

Well,if it's longer than 3 inches It hurts when I rest my head on a pillow,wall,seat etc..because  the black curly hair is pulled and it's so rigid and thick it feels like it's grinding my scalp .

Definitely a disadvantage, especially if it affects sleep. Have you tried growing it LOTS longer than 3 inches? I think most people have a personal tolerance level for the feel of their hair. My hair feels OK real short, and it's good real long too, but, at a certain length in between those two, patches of my hair look like a cow licked me. Growing it longer makes that go away, mostly. 

8 hours ago, Pinna said:

The aesthetic part....when my hair is longer it looks like a hay pile,because black and brown (curly and wavy)  push the other hair in all directions but it looks like I'm a brunette or a blonde with very messy hair.

Can't help you here. As you said, it's an aesthetic preference. As such, it means you may dislike it while others pay big money to have a professional with years of experience make it look like that. The problem may not be with the hair, but rather with your perspective of it.

Genetically, it would be awesome in this modern environment to have hair that looked interesting with minimal cost and effort. If I were you, I would communicate with some hair professionals, explain the way yours behaves, and see if any of them sounds like they know exactly how to help.

8 hours ago, Pinna said:

Cut it like mine and you'll have no problems. :)

hehe community reputation minus 2........

maybe this will help.......

i really don't care ,nobody answered my question and insteas I got hairstyle advices from you.

I'm a bald male. i don't need hair advices. I need answers from somedy that know what he's talking about.

F....ckin science forums. Internet is useless

8 minutes ago, Pinna said:

hehe community reputation minus 2........

maybe this will help.......

i really don't care ,nobody answered my question and insteas I got hairstyle advices from you.

I'm a bald male. i don't need hair advices. I need answers from somedy that know what he's talking about.

I can only assume it was attitude related. People dock you points for rudeness here as well as stubbornly rejecting scientifically accepted things.  I gave you +1 for being polite enough to thank Phi for his reply....  although that was generous - politeness should be a given when dealing with strangers surely?

Not that we need to explain - but as others have said - it is not a field we have 'experts' in as far as I am aware.

My ex used to pay good money to have stripes put in her hair...  it was like £60 - £80 or something like that. 

5 hours ago, Pinna said:

I knew a guy like this once! He'd go to clubs and lie about himself to women. They sensed his dishonesty and bowed out of conversations with him, and eventually he'd leave, complaining how phony and useless all the women at the club were. I knew his parents, and I don't think this is genetics related.

Sorry I couldn't help with the black curly, brown wavy, blond straight, bald hair problem. I'll just bow out here.

2 hours ago, Pinna said:

I'm a bald male. i don't need hair advices.

If you are bald, why are you lying about having "black curly hair (strong like a wire),brown wavy hair (thinner than black),blonde very thin straight hair"? And then rudely complaining that no one has answered? And then criticising the answers?

I can only assume you are being deliberately obnoxious so you can complain about being badly treated. 

I don't go to clubs or lie. 

I am bald because I shave my head you idiot (supernerd). My hair is still black,brown,and blonde. The lenght doesnt change that moron.

Im rude because people are uselles,shit,hairless apes,idiots,and shallow idiots.

I dont care about you. And Im rude because youre not answering my question