free 1 hour java lesson

yoelr

im a private tutor teaching programming in java im giving away a free lesson to the first 10 students that contact me. 

most tutors on the internet if they give a trail lesson it usually costs a little. with me you have no risk. 
you get 1 free lesson. 

here is the google form: 

Link removed

so how do i advertise myself? you cant post anywhere. and some paid advertising providers are cheating, they send bots instead of users. how do i get relevant trafic?

do you get paid to do this?

2 minutes ago, yoelr said:

do you get paid to do this?

No.

4 minutes ago, yoelr said:

and some paid advertising providers are cheating, they send bots instead of users.

Bots are scanning entire world, all day long.. That's how search engines gather data from Internet. Google bot is entering website at rate one time per day or more frequently. But it's unlikely Google-bot is visiting Google-ads if you paid Google for publishing ad, but other alternative search engine bots, perhaps (not to mention virus bots).

You would have to analyze website logs very carefully to find out that some visitors are bots (if they don't reveal it since the beginning. Google and MSN bots have special tags, but default Apache logs have too small amount of data). If somebody is not interested, it does not mean he/she is bot. Don't be surprised that 1000 people enters and just 1 will be interested.

10 minutes ago, yoelr said:

so how do i advertise myself?

e.g. if you're really good at Java, you could make Java-tutorial-reference website (enormous amount of work!).. which will be found by users interested in Java.. Set up forum where people will be able to ask questions, and where you can answer them. This way you will gain traffic of really interested people..

e.g. start answering questions of people on Java programming forums, this way people will see you have knowledge, and they could happily get into contact with you.

ps. Advertising is very tough business.. it can easily be done in nasty ways, unpleasant, and unwanted by people..

43 minutes ago, Sensei said:

No.

Bots are scanning entire world, all day long.. That's how search engines gather data from Internet. Google bot is entering website at rate one time per day or more frequently. But it's unlikely Google-bot is visiting Google-ads if you paid Google for publishing ad, but other alternative search engine bots, perhaps (not to mention virus bots).

You would have to analyze website logs very carefully to find out that some visitors are bots (if they don't reveal it since the beginning. Google and MSN bots have special tags, but default Apache logs have too small amount of data). If somebody is not interested, it does not mean he/she is bot. Don't be surprised that 1000 people enters and just 1 will be interested.

e.g. if you're really good at Java, you could make Java-tutorial-reference website (enormous amount of work!).. which will be found by users interested in Java.. Set up forum where people will be able to ask questions, and where you can answer them. This way you will gain traffic of really interested people..

e.g. start answering questions of people on Java programming forums, this way people will see you have knowledge, and they could happily get into contact with you.

ps. Advertising is very tough business.. it can easily be done in nasty ways, unpleasant, and unwanted by people..

i chack the website logs and some users even search for a /admin or /wp-admin its funny.

i also chack the ip of visitors, and alot were from vpn services, which most users dont use and i got a couple hundreds. i used google facebook and others, and they all cheat.

on facebook its easy to spot a fake user liking everything and other bot behaviors. i know i wrote a few bots (also for facebook). i know how seo and how web spiders work i dont count these visits as fake, the server analytics softwere also writes its a google spider bot.

trust me when i say they cheat. its the easiest money and fastest money. send bot trafic and get money for it. real trafic somtimes take too much time, the advertising service want to finish your campaign fast (they give you tools to track it and your hosting also gives you analytics they have to send somthing=bots, most people dont understand this).

about making a tut website, do you know the competition? this will take at least a year to rank on search engine (google), and thats only if its popular...so how do i get the users without advertising? you put a wall in front of me, paid ads are cheating.

"make a youtube vid" again competition , you wont get more then 30 views in a few months(organically), no matter what is your content and how good you are. most people searching for java tuts only go for the ranked first results. and again to rank you need trafic. its the chicken and the egg paradox.

if i had an advertiser that gave me any results i would drop 1000$ on him without blinking. and im not even talking about roi.

and im not nasty. if i were a computer science student i would want a free lesson, if the teacher is good i would use him again paid, if not,thers no risk you didnt lose money (free lesson) . people spend thousands on a degree per year, they dont do this to fail, i solved assignments from all around the world, i know what a beginner needs to learn. i wish i had somone to help me like that when i started. and thats not even all the value i can give.

so where do you find students online if not at a forum or on facebook? thers alot of demand for this, why only a handfull of instructors featured by tutor website get all the students?  its not fair the internet dictators suck (google,facebook,amazon,microsoft). and you help them by deleting every ad you come by relevant or not, and you do this for free and they profit.

Edited by yoelr

8 minutes ago, yoelr said:

i chack the website logs and some users even search for a /admin or /wp-admin its funny.

They are virus-bots, hacker-bots. Nothing to do with legal companies.

9 minutes ago, yoelr said:

i also chack the ip of visitors, and alot were from vpn services, which most users dont use and i got a couple hundreds.

Users from countries with authoritarian, totalitarian regimes use them..

12 minutes ago, yoelr said:

i used google facebook and others, and they all cheat.

You didn't prove than VPN were used by Google, Microsoft, Facebook..

19 minutes ago, yoelr said:

trust me when i say they cheat. its the easiest money and fastest money. send bot trafic and get money for it. real trafic somtimes take too much time, the advertising service want to finish your campaign fast (they give you tools to track it and your hosting also gives you analytics they have to send somthing=bots, most people dont understand this).

If it would work the way you're describing, on mass-scale, the all companies of the world would bankrupt, without clients..

Fake-traffic -> no real clients for advertiser -> no money -> not possible to buy more ads from Google/Microsoft/Facebook anymore..

!

Moderator Note

The rules you signed up to upon joining SFN very clearly prohibit using this site for advertising. I am closing this, and letting you know that if you attempt to use SFN again for blatant advertising, we will ban you from the site entirely.