How would you Create a Utopia?

ALine

5 hours ago, Lyudmilascience said:

I think the key would be to have the most moral people in it so I would have to set starting point rules that everyone has to follow, thoes how don't with have to be in a different society. 

I dont know this is a lot to think about. 

I have no idea what you're trying to say here, I could have a guess but I'd rather you explain yourself more clearly, it saves time.

9 minutes ago, dimreepr said:
6 hours ago, Lyudmilascience said:

I think the key would be to have the most moral people in it so I would have to set starting point rules that everyone has to follow, thoes how don't with have to be in a different society. 

I dont know this is a lot to think about. 

I have no idea what you're trying to say here, I could have a guess but I'd rather you explain yourself more clearly, it saves time.

Basically what they're saying is that if heaven came to earth, so would hell. Good people - > Utopia, Bad people -> Dystopia

6 minutes ago, YaDinghus said:

Basically what they're saying is that if heaven came to earth, so would hell. Good people - > Utopia, Bad people -> Dystopia

That seems a stretch given how the post parses, I'm not sure the thought process was that coherent.

7 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

That seems a stretch given how the post parses, I'm not sure the thought process was that coherent.

At least that's what I read out of it. I'm usually pretty good at making sense of incoherent statements

7 minutes ago, YaDinghus said:

At least that's what I read out of it. I'm usually pretty good at making sense of incoherent statements

You may be right, given his/her latest topic, but the answers the same. Why would you stop trying to be happy because some people aren't?

Edited by dimreepr

1 minute ago, YaDinghus said:

Too bad for those people... but being unhappy, or at least not striving for happiness, contradicts my philosophy

If I may amend your philosophy slightly (it's a bugbear of mine), for happiness read contentment... :)

Just now, dimreepr said:

If I may amend your philosophy slightly (it's a bugbear of mine), for happiness read contentment... :)

It doesn't make me unhappy or discontent to accept this amendment, so I see no problem in it ;-)

17 hours ago, YaDinghus said:

My whole point is that Utopia, being virtually impossible, is the idea we need to work towards. To know what we want to change about society, we need an idea of what we want society to be. For this reason we need to imagine our Utopia. Whenever you make something, there is an idea of what it should be, and the better you are at the skills required to make what you want, the closer your project will come to the 'real deal'. 

then I might suggest a society that values people, a society that also values the learning process, which includes the process of learning from our mistakes and failings, a society that values curiosity and a society that reminds us we do not know everything and we probably never will,

I might also suggest a society that values respect, not receiving respect as much as giving respect, a society that advocates kindness because kindness makes both the giver and the recipient a little happier

1 hour ago, gwb said:

then I might suggest a society that values people, a society that also values the learning process, which includes the process of learning from our mistakes and failings, a society that values curiosity and a society that reminds us we do not know everything and we probably never will,

I might also suggest a society that values respect, not receiving respect as much as giving respect, a society that advocates kindness because kindness makes both the giver and the recipient a little happier

This...is actually the society I initially tried to explain at the beginning of this forum post. 

Look, a perfect utopia is a near absolute impossibility. You try to help one group of people and another group of people will be harmed or believe that they are not being looked at equally. This applies on the individual level along with the international stage. No matter what you do one group of persons will either be or feel oppressed. This eventually goes away as cultures combine and with enough time there can be enough of an equilibrium sustained that a coexistence can exist. However there will always be problems, they will always exist. To not have problems is to not be human. However, if you can predict these problems in order to mitigate there results then you can prevent them from ever occurring. This falls into the category of being "bad" because if you can predict then you, in essence, can guide them. If you can guide then it no longer becomes a free society. Your damned if you do" hope I can use profanity, I do not mean anything negative by it, simply using it for dramatic emphasis" and your damned if you don't. If you know too little then war will break out, if you know too much then war will break out.

However, this is also dependent upon who is within "power" and how they are. But the more knowledge a society has the more likely they are to remove that person in power from power unless they are treated with respect and information is made available and made free. But there are just going to be some people in that society that will simply want power. If they want power then they are going to get to the top and stay there with disregard for anyone at the bottom. No matter how much respect you try to teach them when they are younger, no matter how much you "love them" they will still simply want power and trying to do something against these people will cause you to go against the very foundations which your utopia is based upon. You are not respecting them because they are unique and they want to do whatever they want.