Heating water fast at. Specific temp

AyaanS

Hi

i am 14 years old and need help on a science project for which I need to heat water immediately in a test tube at a temperature as close to 50 degrees centigrade as possible but not more than that and keep the water heated at this temperature only.

please advice

thanks and regards

49 minutes ago, AyaanS said:

i am 14 years old

Two thousands years ago, you would have wife and awaiting children at such age..

49 minutes ago, AyaanS said:

i am 14 years old and need help on a science project for which I need to heat water immediately in a test tube at a temperature as close to 50 degrees centigrade as possible but not more than that and keep the water heated at this temperature only.

Surround test tube by aluminum foil, place precise thermometer inside. The easiest would be to use Arduino, with temperature sensor, with custom made program which will read temperature and keep steady temperature..

4 hours ago, Sensei said:

Two thousands years ago, you would have wife and awaiting children at such age..

WTF?
I have a feeling that the pointless history lesson is less helpful than telling him to google "PID controller" or even "thermostat".

You seem to have include a silly assumption about the OP's sex and a 2000 year old career choice, but forgotten to include a suggestion for a heater.

35 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

WTF?
I have a feeling that the pointless history lesson is less helpful than telling him to google "PID controller" or even "thermostat".

You seem to have include a silly assumption about the OP's sex and a 2000 year old career choice, but forgotten to include a suggestion for a heater.

You must be on heavy hangover.. in the part of my message that you "accidentally" cut out in your quote, I said to use thermistor in electronic breadboard with Arduino ("Arduino temperature sensor"), to precisely control temperature..

^^^^ result of googling for "arduino temperature sensor"...

Edited by Sensei

18 hours ago, Sensei said:

Surround test tube by aluminum foil, place precise thermometer inside. The easiest would be to use Arduino, with temperature sensor, with custom made program which will read temperature and keep steady temperature..

13 hours ago, Sensei said:

I said to use thermistor 

Liar.

You did not say that.

Now, the thing here is that I know what a thermistor is.

It's used for measuring temperature.

And it's seldom used as a heater. (It would be poor practice).

It's hard to see how either of your posts here so far is in any way helpful.

So, once more.

You seem to have forgotten to include a heater in your suggestion.

And you have now added stupid dishonesty.