Positive physiological changes due to childhood abuse

Dark Iron Tarkus

What sort of changes do you mean, and what kind of abuse? Would developing calluses where one was beaten often count as a positive physiological change? Or since this is genetics, are you talking about something positive you could pass along to an offspring? 

5 minutes ago, Dark Iron Tarkus said:

Sever physical abuse,

Assuming you mean "severe", that's still a subjective term. It doesn't describe the behavior to anyone who doesn't know exactly what you mean. I would consider it severe physical abuse to hit someone too hard, or more than once, while someone else may say it's only severe if you use a closed hand or weapon (stick, belt, etc).

If you mean "sever", that's extremely severe. Not sure anything positive comes from chopping off body parts.

I'm unaware of any studies done on the positive effects of childhood abuse. Such research would have a hard time avoiding looking like a justification for harming children. What sort of benefits were you thinking you might you expect to see?

• 2 months later...
On 6/26/2018 at 10:50 PM, Dark Iron Tarkus said:

Is there any research on positive physiological changes do to childhood abuse?

On 6/28/2018 at 6:57 PM, Dark Iron Tarkus said:

Sever physical abuse, and I mean changes in development during adolescence and puberty. 

I get the feeling you're not asking for a friend, but rather, you're afraid of your potential to harm. Nothing is set in stone, you have a choice.