large mirror,balloons and a telesscope?

vortix2950

Sure it is possible.

Whether it is practical is another question, though. Depending on how high you are planning to go, you’d need a fairly sizeable mirror, and/or a good sized telescope, in order to get a clear image. There is also the issue of the mirror moving around with the winds, so it would be hard to really see anything much. 

What is the purpose of this? Why not just use a remote camera that transmits back in real time? Has this anything to do with “flat earth”?

24 minutes ago, Markus Hanke said:

Sure it is possible.

Whether it is practical is another question, though. Depending on how high you are planning to go, you’d need a fairly sizeable mirror, and/or a good sized telescope, in order to get a clear image. There is also the issue of the mirror moving around with the winds, so it would be hard to really see anything much. 

What is the purpose of this? Why not just use a remote camera that transmits back in real time? Has this anything to do with “flat earth”?

nothing to do with flat earth. i just wondered  about the difference between seeing earth with your eye instead of a camera lens. would it be more beautiful?  

Edited by vortix2950
spelling

48 minutes ago, vortix2950 said:

nothing to do with flat earth. i just wondered  about the difference between seeing earth with your eye instead of a camera lens. would it be more beautiful?  

I presume it would be more beautiful (it needs an astronaut who has been to space to authoritatively answer this) - but if you are looking at the mirror through a telescope, then you are also going through a lense. 

59 minutes ago, Markus Hanke said:

I presume it would be more beautiful (it needs an astronaut who has been to space to authoritatively answer this) - but if you are looking at the mirror through a telescope, then you are also going through a lense. 

Unless the telescope is also using mirrors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflecting_telescope

2 hours ago, vortix2950 said:

You could see what astronauts have to say on the matter. Though it may not be easy to discern if they are talking about the difference between naked eye and camera lens, or just the majesty of seeing much more of the earth (from e.g. the ISS) at one time. 

1 hour ago, swansont said:

Unless the telescope is also using mirrors.

Good point...but then, you wouldn’t be looking directly at the mirror either, you’d be looking through an eye piece, which presumably is an arrangement of lenses. Or not? I never owned one of these things.

On 23/6/2018 at 9:49 AM, vortix2950 said:

is it possible to launch air balloons carrying a large mirror and than point a telescope  at the position the mirror would proximity be in , and see a reflection of earth?  

You would only see a small part of Earth. Assuming an appropriately concave mirror, at the max height you can get a balloon, most of Earth will still be hidden behind the horizon.