Fox News Watch

Airbrush

3 hours ago, Phi for All said:

Those states that have a moderate election process and choices of party seem to have the best representation for non-wealthy citizens. Many EU member states have enviable social structures that take the poor and modestly affluent into account. States with ranked choice voting allow for fairer representation. 

If campaigning is too quick, it favors those in power. If it drags on too long, money has too much influence on the working and middle classes. In the US, billions of dollars are spent just on presidential elections. It's become just another way for the wealthy to drain the non-wealthy with nothing given in return. 

Interestingly, here's a study that claims Fox News is responsible for Bush and Trump getting elected. Without Fox, it would have been Democrats only since Clinton made Fox possible. 

since Clinton made Fox possible. 

??? I was under the impression that Reagan made Fox possible....  

Capitalism has been having it's bonds untied for quite some time. Not many remember that Nixon made public services for profit possible and that at the time of the US's good ol' taxes on the rich and powerful were very high and bribery was illegal. 

Maybe what we need is some of the "good ol' days" back....    

Edited by Moontanman

Speaking of the press...

D Trump has now started banning reporters he doesn't like from White House press conferences.
Freedom of the press, or rather, freedom of citizens to have unbiased information about their government, is being challenged by the President, on his way to becoming a despot like his idols V Putin and Kim Jung Un.

Dare I say it Ten oz...

"Is America evolving into a fascist state ?"

Or is it already there ?

12 hours ago, MigL said:

Speaking of the press...

D Trump has now started banning reporters he doesn't like from White House press conferences.
Freedom of the press, or rather, freedom of citizens to have unbiased information about their government, is being challenged by the President, on his way to becoming a despot like his idols V Putin and Kim Jung Un.

Dare I say it Ten oz...

"Is America evolving into a fascist state ?"

Or is it already there ?

Clearly under single party Republican rule is it moving in that direction. Trump has positioned himself as being above the law and regularly floats different ways he can use his position to hurt his detractors. In Donald Trump's America there are obviously a different set of rules for different groups of people. 

For the record before Trump was even inaugurated I posted that I thought the press should refuse to attend White House press briefings in protest if people like Spicer and Conaway were just up there lying. At the time most in here thought that I was totally wrong and the best way to hold Trump accountable for his lies was for the press to attend White  House briefings and ask questions. How has that turned out? Sanders regularly wipes her *ss with the press, calling them names, bold face lies, cuts them off, and denies empirical facts. The few times Trump takes questions he plays both the victim and bully spouting propaganda even his own people struggle to explain. In my opinion the press should stop playing along. Stop agreeing to do one on one interviews where Trump's team control the questions and stop covering press conferences where known lies are being told. Just get up and walk out out soon as the lies and insults begin. Instead the press covers the conflict between themselves and the administration because it is good for ratings. However that conflict between themselves and the Administration isn't important. What the Administration is lying about and why they are lying is what is important and not whom they are lying to, "Fake News". The Press should just report that a press briefing was held but the Admin refused to answer questions honestly so they walked out and won't cover it then move on to news stories that matter. 

14 hours ago, Moontanman said:

??? I was under the impression that Reagan made Fox possible....  

Reagan stopped the Fairness Doctrine from becoming a law, but it was Clinton's 1996 Telecommunications Act that allows Fox to call what it does "news". The law's purpose was:

to provide for a pro-competitive, de-regulatory national policy framework designed to accelerate rapidly private sector deployment of advanced information technologies and services to all Americans by opening all telecommunications markets to competition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_Act_of_1996

This was basically a decision to put some cracks in the integrity of American media that would allow private investment opportunities to leak out. 

39 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Reagan stopped the Fairness Doctrine from becoming a law, but it was Clinton's 1996 Telecommunications Act that allows Fox to call what it does "news". The law's purpose was:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_Act_of_1996

This was basically a decision to put some cracks in the integrity of American media that would allow private investment opportunities to leak out. 

OIC, I didn't have the complete story, thanks... 

Trump just lost his base in middle America after the whole Putin fiasco.

Middle aged white men without a college degree have turned on him for appearing weak in front of Russia.

The tariff situation is just exacerbating matters. 

He's done.  Someone call him a cab back to Trump Tower.

Just now, Alex_Krycek said:

Middle aged white men without a college degree have turned on him for appearing weak in front of Russia.

Let him walk, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire... 

31 minutes ago, Alex_Krycek said:

Stop peeking at HuffPost! In Fox News land, :

Voters think President Trump has been too soft on Russia, yet a majority approves of his July 16 meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to a new Fox News Poll.  Meantime, approval of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation has dropped below 50 percent.