Diff EQ

barryalen1992

I started to study about diff eq for this summer class. And I already have trouble with it. The professor lecture is also probably too fast and I couldn't get anything to my brain. Is there any site exclusively for this matter? Please tell me.

2 minutes ago, barryalen1992 said:

I started to study about diff eq for this summer class. And I already have trouble with it. The professor lecture is also probably too fast and I couldn't get anything to my brain. Is there any site exclusively for this matter? Please tell me.

Any subject can be difficult until you get that eureka moment when things click together.

Tell us about your difficulty (in your own words).

Remember that you can only post a few times in the first 24 hours because of trolls.

11 hours ago, barryalen1992 said:

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/differential-equations

12 hours ago, barryalen1992 said:

The professor lecture is also probably too fast

How is it "too fast"? I had a calculus professor who filled the chalkboards with equations and then started erasing (to write more) before we were finished copying them, and when we objected, she'd give us about five more seconds before she'd start erasing again without asking if we were done. She probably felt like she had a ton of ground to cover and wanted everyone on the same page quickly, but I found it extremely difficult and frustrating. 

If nobody else in the class is having trouble with "too fast", you should approach the professor during office hours. You're paying for this education, and it's important that you have a firm grasp of the subject. I think this is especially so with maths.

30 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

How is it "too fast"? I had a calculus professor who filled the chalkboards with equations and then started erasing (to write more) before we were finished copying them, and when we objected, she'd give us about five more seconds before she'd start erasing again without asking if we were done. She probably felt like she had a ton of ground to cover and wanted everyone on the same page quickly, but I found it extremely difficult and frustrating. 

Example of "how not to teach"...

Right now people could simply make photo using their smartphone (or even entire video), and not bother to rewrite what has been written on chalkboard anymore..

I laughed a lot while watching one sci-fi movie in which students sent their personal cameras to assembly hall, instead of attending personally. Cameras had rotation, following teacher movement, and were sending data through Internet to them, at home, without them bothering to walk to University building. The next scene - teacher did the same as students. Camera+screen with teacher + dozen of cameras of students+screens (with feedback image).