Brain function in LGBT people. Question.

Wanted to ask a question.

Am I correct in assuming that there is a part in the brain that is responsible for the way we see our body and other people and feel about our sexuality? 

The way it seems to me is that certain conditions can affect this part, changing its wiring and thus the way we see these things. 

56 minutes ago, mondeluz said:

Am I correct in assuming that there is a part in the brain that is responsible for the way we see our body and other people and feel about our sexuality? 

Yes, that would be correct.

55 minutes ago, mondeluz said:

The way it seems to me is that certain conditions can affect this part, changing its wiring and thus the way we see these things. 

Perhaps it is possible that a certain brain condition could affect such.

1 hour ago, mondeluz said:

Wanted to ask a question.

Am I correct in assuming that there is a part in the brain that is responsible for the way we see our body and other people and feel about our sexuality? 

This is all tied up in our sense of self, feelings of identity, biological / unconscious desires, and on top of that social and family expectations. 

It’s been years since I studied these things, but the traits about which you ask are almost certainly the result of MANY dynamic interrelated brain parts, regions, and functions. It’s a symphony that lead to these particular outcomes, not just a single instrument or note, and it’s all coupled with other “nurture-based” circumstances too numerous to name. 

There’s a rich field of study here and many people far more equipped than me to enhance ones understanding, but my position can be summarized thusly:

I feel it’s a mistake to seek one spot or region in our brains (“yeah, just look right here at this spot!”) to explain the rich, complex, ever changing and dynamic nature of human sexuality and attraction. 

22 hours ago, iNow said:

I feel it’s a mistake to seek one spot or region in our brains (“yeah, just look right here at this spot!”) to explain the rich, complex, ever changing and dynamic nature of human sexuality and attraction. 

Most importantly is the changing part. During individual development a lot of the brain changes and is pruned and continues to do so. Moreover, while there is data on potential differences between hetero and homo-sexual brains (male or female) as well as some on transsexuals, the differences (even just between male and females) the data is typically inhomogenous and often not replicated. There are no defined structures that have been identified. Rather there is evidence of certain general changes (e.g. thickness of certain cortical structures) that may be more prevalent in one group vs another. To my knowledge the physiological relevance for these potential dimorphisms has not been resolved.