roku streaming problems

Moontanman

I need some advice, how do you tell if your roku box is bad? My computer help desk says my computer is broadcasting but my roku box says it's not. I don't have any other streaming devices so I am left with a puzzle. Anyone have any ideas? 

If something computer-related does not work, restart it.. Restart both (unplug power for a while).

How roku device is updating to newer version of software? Maybe one side updated, while second one didn't update to newer version of software, and cannot longer understand older data transmission. Just a thought.

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/208755668-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-streaming-device

Personally I have satellite dish with HDD recorder with HDMI. It's trying to download newer software from satellite every day at 4 at night.

I can imagine situation in which software has some nasty bug in auto-updating and installation procedure, which can render entire device useless.

Edited by Sensei