Lord Antares

So who's going to win the world cup?

43 minutes ago, Lord Antares said:

What do you mean?

Also, I think we can all agree Neymar is a cunt.

What's he done?

43 minutes ago, Scott of the Antares said:

Croatia are doing really well; Argentina were lolworthy they were so bad last night. 

With all the ‘good’ teams being distinctly average, anyone has a chance imo.

I think there''s usually  a fair amount of psychology going on between the famous and not-so-famous teams in big tournaments. The latter can feel intimidated by these players worth many millions each, when, at the end of the day, they are just footballers like them with all the human frailties. Money puts an aura around rich people and it's BS really. This tournament seems to be highlighting that for some reason. Only Ronaldo's looking like a Pele or Maradona,, so far.

Edited by StringJunky

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

What's he done?

Completely shameful display against Costa Rica. Dove at least 10 times. Ref awarded the pen to him but disallowed it after reviewing VAR footage for the pathetic simulation. Didn't receive a yellow. Later on threw a hissy fit throwing the ball against the floor when the ref gave Costa Rica a foul. Told a Costa Rican player to stop acting and get up from the floor lol.

Really shameful, even Brazillians are hating on him right now.

1 hour ago, Scott of the Antares said:

Croatia are doing really well; Argentina were lolworthy they were so bad last night. 

With all the ‘good’ teams being distinctly average, anyone has a chance imo.

Aside from you stealing my name, I agree. I think Belgium and Croatia have shown the best football yet. All the ''good'' nations were really subpar.

5 minutes ago, Lord Antares said:

Completely shameful display against Costa Rica. Dove at least 10 times. Ref awarded the pen to him but disallowed it after reviewing VAR footage for the pathetic simulation. Didn't receive a yellow. Later on threw a hissy fit throwing the ball against the floor when the ref gave Costa Rica a foul. Told a Costa Rican player to stop acting and get up from the floor lol.

Really shameful, even Brazillians are hating on him right now.

Aside from you stealing my name, I agree. I think Belgium and Croatia have shown the best football yet. All the ''good'' nations were really subpar.

He's doing the old-version of Ronaldo proud then... he always looked like he was ready to fall over if someone even thought of tackling him. :) 

Just now, StringJunky said:

He's doing the old-version of Ronaldo proud then... he always looked like he was ready to fall over if someone even thought of tackling him. :) 

But this is a whole new level. I've never seen so many dives in one match. He was worse than Moses.

8 minutes ago, Lord Antares said:

But this is a whole new level. I've never seen so many dives in one match. He was worse than Moses.

Yeah, I watched one just now and it was pathetic, I like this headline: "Dive, score, cry: Neymar earns rave reviews for acting masterclass in Brazil's win over Costa Rica"

It's sad when really good footballers stoop this low. 

Edited by StringJunky

The hard-working ( and lucky ) Icelanders came up against a team that works even harder, and are leaving the tournament.
Nigeria looks set to go through, as I don't think Argentina can pull off a decisive win.

England ( my favorite as Italy didn't qualify ) shouldn't have a problem with Panama ( but you never know ).
The first test of their mettle will come against Belgium.

20 minutes ago, MigL said:

The hard-working ( and lucky ) Icelanders came up against a team that works even harder, and are leaving the tournament.
Nigeria looks set to go through, as I don't think Argentina can pull off a decisive win.

England ( my favorite as Italy didn't qualify ) shouldn't have a problem with Panama ( but you never know ).
The first test of their mettle will come against Belgium.

This squad don't have the weight of great expectations on them, so maybe they can just focus on playing.

Edited by StringJunky

3 hours ago, Lord Antares said:

Aside from you stealing my name, I agree.

I had this name before I even discovered this this forum, honest!

Regarding play acting, I always gravitate back to Rivaldo’s awful incident in 2002.

Shameful!