Eat Carbohydrates Even Though Alot Stored In The Body

Hi,

When the blood sugar goes low, you start to feel hungry and to raise it you eat Carbohydrates for example to get glucose into the bloodstream. What I wonder is why fat people feel hungry when the blood sugar is low because they already have alot of glucose stored in fat. Why doesn't the body use up this before asking for more glucose? Is it a way to get other nutrients into the body but not necessarily carbohydrates?

The alimentary canal is a two way system; nutrients go in; waste comes out. Is it possible that what we perceive as hunger is actually just the case the food had been digested, and with with that task out of the way, it can start cleaning toxins out of the body into the fecal matter. Could it be this increase in  toxins generates a feeling that we mistake as hunger? I wondered this because when I feel hungry I get a sick feeling in my stomach after a while.

In reality we can last days without food (probably weeks with the right preparation), so o wonder why we get the ‘sick’ feeling?

This might tie in with the knowledge that fasting is good to help clean the body.

Edited by Scott of the Antares

38 minutes ago, Scott of the Antares said:

The alimentary canal is a two way system; nutrients go in; waste comes out. Is it possible that what we perceive as hunger is actually just the case the food had been digested, and with with that task out of the way, it can start cleaning toxins out of the body into the fecal matter. Could it be this increase in  toxins generates a feeling that we mistake as hunger? I wondered this because when I feel hungry I get a sick feeling in my stomach after a while.

In reality we can last days without food (probably weeks with the right preparation), so o wonder why we get the ‘sick’ feeling?

This might tie in with the knowledge that fasting is good to help clean the body.

The byproducts  of the body' are excreted in urine. Stuff goes through the alimentary walls into the bloodstream and any waste products gets processed by the liver and kidneys. Nothing is added to the faeces in the form of waste products that I'm aware of. All fasting does is give the gut bacteria a hard time, which is not a good thing, and it eventually makes your breathe stink because the bacteria are dying from lack of nutrients. The idea of "cleansing" your body is hogwash and fasting is actually a silly thing to do unless medically advised.

Edited by StringJunky

7 hours ago, Carl Fredrik Ahl said:

When the blood sugar goes low, you start to feel hungry

Feeling the need to eat and feeling hungry are two very different things, for those dealing with frequent low blood glucose levels.

It is not low blood sugar that makes you feel hungry. For example, a type-1 diabetic may feel absolutely bloated and stuffed after finishing a large meal, but still have a dangerously low (and still plummeting) blood glucose level, as the result of a fast-acting insulin injection, which may enter the system, before almost any of the previously consumed food has. Pure glucose gels and tablets, when eaten, enter the blood stream much faster than other carbohydrates, like pasta, and more than an order of magnitude faster than fat and protein.

So the answer to your question is all about the timing. When your body really needs glucose, it needs it now - not an hour from now, much less a day from now. It is rather like needing air; it does not matter if you can be supplied with all the air in the world, a few minutes after your heart and/or brain have been permanently damaged due to an earlier short-term lack. A type-1 diabetic can lose consciousness in a matter of minutes, once their blood sugar starts to plummet, even when their stomach is full. The problem is, it is full of food, including most types of carbohydrates, that are absorbed more slowly than a fast-acting insulin. Consequently, it is not just the quantities of carbohydrates and insulin that matter, in this type of situation, but their respective absorption rates. That is why a very rapidly absorbed carbohydrate, like pure glucose, may need to be consumed, in spite of a full stomach. Once a diabetic has become unconscious, and thus unable to consume anything, the situation may be quickly reversed by either injecting glucose directly into their bloodstream, or as is usually preferred, by giving them an injection of the hormone glucagon, which causes the liver to rapidly (in a matter of minutes) release glucose into the bloodstream.

An over-weight person is likely to have type-2 diabetes. They too will have problematic swings in their blood-glucose levels, just not as extreme as those likely to be encountered by the rarer type-1. But in either case, hunger and low blood glucose levels are not the same thing; one may feel the need to "eat something", in response to symptoms other than hunger, that tend to become familiar to diabetics, that have to deal with these other symptoms, on a fairly regular basis.

7 hours ago, Rob McEachern said:

But in either case, hunger and low blood glucose levels are not the same thing; one may feel the need to "eat something", in response to symptoms other than hunger, that tend to become familiar to diabetics, that have to deal with these other symptoms, on a fairly regular basis.

Oh ok thx for the answer!. When I felt hungry and only eat snacks to get glucose into the bloodstream, it made me not feel hungry anymore and gave me energy.