Hijack from God and science

Endercreeper01

41 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

It's more than pareidolia.

I'm sorry, but that's not something you can know without some pretty strict methodology.

43 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Measurements of reality are leading to certain coincidences that would have a very small probability of occurring, if such results were truly the result of random chance.

How... vague. And uninteresting. Your incredulity at the tiny numbers is an emotional effect, I hope you realize. You claim this is a reasoned line of thought, but it's just not. 

I've learned to talk about nature, and leave "reality" to philosophers (no, you aren't one of those, either).

21 minutes ago, zapatos said:

You see what you want to see, not what is in front of you. Enjoy.

You can't deny that these would be extremely unlikely alignments if such results were truly random,.

Is there any possibility that there is more than random chance at play? 

20 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

I'm sorry, but that's not something you can know without some pretty strict methodology.

How... vague. And uninteresting. Your incredulity at the tiny numbers is an emotional effect, I hope you realize. You claim this is a reasoned line of thought, but it's just not. 

I've learned to talk about nature, and leave "reality" to philosophers (no, you aren't one of those, either).

Are you just going to dismiss the possibility of these extremely unlikely alignments to have any significance, just because of your bias towards your previous view of reality?

You are only refusing to see anything because you are bound by your preconceived notions about reality. If you would step out of such a mindset and see with common sense, it would be clear that there is some sort of higher order to reality.

Edited by Endercreeper01

49 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

You act as if nothing can exist outside of the scientific method. 

??? Not sure why you would say that when I have just answered your question above thus.....

52 minutes ago, beecee said:

We really are not sure, but some reasonable ideas are often talked about.

So one must ask, are you having reading problems? just being obtuse? or simply repeating your nonsensical claims without any regard for opposing evidence?

What you fail to realize is that science is about the "how" about reality and not the "why"...

No, I'm well aware of that and have posted numerous times the following to illustrate that fact..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0r930Sn_8 But how the hell is that evidence for any higher power that you dream of?

Actually it is nothing when you consider how much the earth varies in radius across the surface of the earth, and when the uncertainy is taken into context it becomes basically equivalent with the alignment.

It really isn't required to be any more perfect than it already is. The alignment is already extremely unlikely to occur without the influence of a higher power

Really, don't be so daft. Coincidences happen. Total Solar Eclipses happen, but guess what? They won't in the distant future. Annular solar eclipses happen. but guess what? They were impossible in the distant past. And again, please check out my previous definition of gullible.

Your higher power exists only in your mind.

32 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Are you just going to dismiss the possibility of these extremely unlikely alignments to have any significance, just because of your bias towards your previous view of reality?

You are only refusing to see anything because you are bound by your preconceived notions about reality. If you would step out of such a mindset and see with common sense, it would be clear that there is some sort of higher order to reality.

They aren't unlikely, and you can't seem to find any significance (other than the supernatural), so why should I? I'm content to claim I-don't-know rather than give in to guesswork based on historically inaccurate human hopes. I'm not refusing anything except YOUR IRRATIONAL EXPLANATION. I'm waiting for a better explanation than the ones we have now, which work amazingly well.

33 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Are you going to continue to dismiss/ignore the fact that given time [like 13.83 billion years] that such things are then more likely to happen, driven by  your bias against science, the scientific method, and preoccupation with pseudoscience, higher powers, numerology, the supernatural and the paranormal?

And if as you say we/us/the majority of this forum are confined in this terrible mindset, why do you come here? Why not take part in another forum where folk that are more gullible and impressionable, are more likely to fall for your mythical unscientific claims? 

Edited by beecee

1 hour ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Is it really impossible to you for any sort of higher power to exist? It should be at least a possibility> Do you think the universe was born from absolutely nothing and without a cause?

Is this what you meant when you said you have evidence of god? A higher power is a possibility so is a brobdingnagian creature that excretes universes and doesn't know it's own shit. We have no need of a higher power to explain the universe, no one is saying that random chance is responsible for anything and all science says about a cause is that we don't know. We don't know is honest, saying you know when you don't is not honest...  

1 hour ago, beecee said:

??? Not sure why you would say that when I have just answered your question above thus.....

So one must ask, are you having reading problems? just being obtuse? or simply repeating your nonsensical claims without any regard for opposing evidence?

No, I'm well aware of that and have posted numerous times the following to illustrate that fact..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0r930Sn_8 But how the hell is that evidence for any higher power that you dream of?

Really, don't be so daft. Coincidences happen. Total Solar Eclipses happen, but guess what? They won't in the distant future. Annular solar eclipses happen. but guess what? They were impossible in the distant past. And again, please check out my previous definition of gullible.

Your higher power exists only in your mind.

Actually, solar eclipses only happen because the moon and the sun take up the same amount of angular size in the sky. This is yet another example of a higher power's ordering of reality.

Coincidences aren't just happening, they are happening in a very specific, highly unlikely manner. Which only makes it harder to believe that there is nothing higher involved.

1 hour ago, Phi for All said:

They aren't unlikely, and you can't seem to find any significance (other than the supernatural), so why should I? I'm content to claim I-don't-know rather than give in to guesswork based on historically inaccurate human hopes. I'm not refusing anything except YOUR IRRATIONAL EXPLANATION. I'm waiting for a better explanation than the ones we have now, which work amazingly well.

The significance is how it relates to the true nature of reality. It's consciousness that is creating reality, and not the other way around, by creating the past in order to exist in the present. This is why such alignments occur, because consciousness is and has been creating the past to have an existence in the present.

1 hour ago, beecee said:

Are you going to continue to dismiss/ignore the fact that given time [like 13.83 billion years] that such things are then more likely to happen, driven by  your bias against science, the scientific method, and preoccupation with pseudoscience, higher powers, numerology, the supernatural and the paranormal?

So I'm supposed to believe that these alignments are expected to happen somewhere in the universe, AND at the same time believe that I just so happen to be inhabiting a location with these specific alignments? Or should I believe that these alignments are happening around me, the observer?

1 hour ago, Moontanman said:

Is this what you meant when you said you have evidence of god? A higher power is a possibility so is a brobdingnagian creature that excretes universes and doesn't know it's own shit. We have no need of a higher power to explain the universe, no one is saying that random chance is responsible for anything and all science says about a cause is that we don't know. We don't know is honest, saying you know when you don't is not honest...  

The existence of a higher power is related to the existence of time and reality. Consciousness is what creates the past in order to exist in the present moment. Synchronicity in reality results when consciousness creates the past, because causality is working through time to create the past and creates alignments with consciousness in reality. It can be said to be a higher power or simply consciousness that is working on time in this way.

3 hours ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Actually, solar eclipses only happen because the moon and the sun take up the same amount of angular size in the sky. This is yet another example of a higher power's ordering of reality.

More nonsensical meaningless rhetoric. :D Sure they happen when they take up the same angular size in the sky, and of course an alignment of their orbits....To believe it happens because of a higher power, is gullible and unscientific. But I wouldn't expect you to accept that with the amount of obvious baggage you have.

Coincidences aren't just happening, they are happening in a very specific, highly unlikely manner. Which only makes it harder to believe that there is nothing higher involved.

No, coincidences certainly happen, just as the fantastical coincidence, or pot luck when I threw 17 heads in a row.  :rolleyes:

The significance is how it relates to the true nature of reality. It's consciousness that is creating reality, and not the other way around, by creating the past in order to exist in the present. This is why such alignments occur, because consciousness is and has been creating the past to have an existence in the present.

Rubbish and it will remain rubbish no matter how many times you deny it.

So I'm supposed to believe that these alignments are expected to happen somewhere in the universe, AND at the same time believe that I just so happen to be inhabiting a location with these specific alignments? Or should I believe that these alignments are happening around me, the observer?

You can believe what you like, and make up any fairy tale that reinforces the agenda you are burdened with...The facts are as many here are telling you....Yes you just happen to be inhabitating a universe where these specific alignments are just happening to be occurring. Unless of course you are able to offer evidence supporting your own pseudoscientific views on it. And at this stage the forum knows you can't.

The existence of a higher power is related to the existence of time and reality. Consciousness is what creates the past in order to exist in the present moment. Synchronicity in reality results when consciousness creates the past, because causality is working through time to create the past and creates alignments with consciousness in reality. It can be said to be a higher power or simply consciousness that is working on time in this way.

More unsupported nonsensical rhetoric without a scrap of evidence. :rolleyes:

Gluing yourself into the saddle of your white charger, by repeating over and over the nonsense that reasonable people on this forum are asking evidence for, does not really say anything favourable about  your goal or mission here, except that it appears it is certainly a mission you are on, no matter how you have stumbled and failed to make any point worthy of scientific discussion.

ps; And of course you have failed to answer  the sections of my post that you are quoting from...this..."Not sure why you would say that when I have just answered your question above thus" "So one must ask, are you having reading problems? just being obtuse? or simply repeating your nonsensical claims without any regard for opposing evidence?

änd this...."And if as you say we/us/the majority of this forum are confined in this terrible mindset, why do you come here? Why not take part in another forum where folk that are more gullible and impressionable, are more likely to fall for your mythical unscientific claims?" 

Edited by beecee

1 hour ago, beecee said:

More nonsensical meaningless rhetoric. :D Sure they happen when they take up the same angular size in the sky, and of course an alignment of their orbits....To believe it happens because of a higher power, is gullible and unscientific. But I wouldn't expect you to accept that with the amount of obvious baggage you have.

No, coincidences certainly happen, just as the fantastical coincidence, or pot luck when I threw 17 heads in a row.  :rolleyes:

Rubbish and it will remain rubbish no matter how many times you deny it.

You can believe what you like, and make up any fairy tale that reinforces the agenda you are burdened with...The facts are as many here are telling you....Yes you just happen to be inhabitating a universe where these specific alignments are just happening to be occurring. Unless of course you are able to offer evidence supporting your own pseudoscientific views on it. And at this stage the forum knows you can't.

More unsupported nonsensical rhetoric without a scrap of evidence. :rolleyes:

Gluing yourself into the saddle of your white charger, by repeating over and over the nonsense that reasonable people on this forum are asking evidence for, does not really say anything favourable about  your goal or mission here, except that it appears it is certainly a mission you are on, no matter how you have stumbled and failed to make any point worthy of scientific discussion.

ps; And of course you have failed to answer  the sections of my post that you are quoting from...this..."Not sure why you would say that when I have just answered your question above thus" "So one must ask, are you having reading problems? just being obtuse? or simply repeating your nonsensical claims without any regard for opposing evidence?

änd this...."And if as you say we/us/the majority of this forum are confined in this terrible mindset, why do you come here? Why not take part in another forum where folk that are more gullible and impressionable, are more likely to fall for your mythical unscientific claims?" 

If you actually understood my post instead of dismissing it as rubbish, you would know that I gave a reason for the occurence of alignments, and that reason is the alignment of reality with consciousness. 

You are simply dismissing the alignments completely as chance without considering the possibilty of anything else. Can't you at least admit that there could be another possibility?

I have provided evidence and reasoning to my claims. Calling my entire post "rubbish" is not a counter argument. 

Why don't you explain to me what is wrong with the idea that consciousness creates reality?

Edited by Endercreeper01

28 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

If you actually understood my post instead of dismissing it as rubbish, you would know that I gave a reason for the occurence of alignments, and that reason is the alignment of reality with consciousness. 

You are simply dismissing the alignments completely as chance without considering the possibilty of anything else. Can't you at least admit that there could be another possibility?

I have provided evidence and reasoning to my claims. Calling my entire post "rubbish" is not a counter argument.

Why don't you explain to me what is wrong with the idea that consciousness creates reality?

Rest assured that I do understand the "message" and I also understand the obtuseness and avoidance of the issue that others have noted. And again no, you have not, nor ever from what I have seen, posted any evidence to support your mythical "higher power" and numerology nonsense, and/or any connection between them. In fact the "reasoning" you offer, is in defiance of scientific observation and current models on most occasions.

You in essence are simply installing your god of the gaps or in your typical avoidance of the issue,  your  unsupported  "higher power", in areas of science where further knowledge and observation is needed.  

Edited by beecee

34 minutes ago, beecee said:

Rest assured that I do understand the "message" and I also understand the obtuseness and avoidance of the issue that others have noted. And again no, you have not, nor ever from what I have seen, posted any evidence to support your mythical "higher power" and numerology nonsense, and/or any connection between them. In fact the "reasoning" you offer, is in defiance of scientific observation and current models on most occasions.

You in essence are simply installing your god of the gaps or in your typical avoidance of the issue,  your  unsupported  "higher power", in areas of science where further knowledge and observation is needed.  

Explain to me, in detail, how my reasoning is "in defiance of scientific observation and current models". My reasoning is a perfectly valid explanation for the synchronicity I am discussing.

My reasoning offers an explanation of reality based on the existence of consciousness as an observer existing in the present moment. I have already explained how this connects with synchronicity

I already stated that it was consciousness that was creating these alignments, because consciousness is ultimately behind the higher power that I am discussing.

It's not a "god of the gaps" argument... I have already provided a clear explanation of this phenomena as the result of consciousness. 

I have posted several evidences for synchronicity in reality, along with reasoning. It is only you who is refusing to acknowledge them.
You refuse to acknowledge the possibility of any of this being valid, out of nothing but your own bias towards your preconceived notions of reality. 

I have said this before and I will say it again: Explain to me the problem with my reasoning. 

1 hour ago, Endercreeper01 said:

I have said this before and I will say it again: Explain to me the problem with my reasoning. 

In as fewer words as possible? Your reasoning and resultant claim, are in the realms of paranormal, supernatural, and unscientific and lacking in scientific evidence. As another poster rightly noted, 

9 hours ago, Moontanman said:

Edited by beecee

1 hour ago, beecee said:

In as fewer words as possible? Your reasoning and resultant claim, are in the realms of paranormal, supernatural, and unscientific and lacking in scientific evidence. As another poster rightly noted, 

Paranormal? Supernatural? Unscientific?
You are not explaining anything. You are dismissing my reasoning as impossible, without actually addressing anything that I am saying.

And no, I didn't tell you to explain it in as few words as possible. In fact, I even said to explain in detail in my post.

Try again. This time, don't just tell me how it is paranormal or unscientific, explain it to me how it is so.

Edited by Endercreeper01

14 hours ago, Endercreeper01 said:

How about something like the moon and earth creating a phi ratio triangle with their combined dimensions?

Image result for earth and moon phi ratio

Or the fact that adding the orbital periods of the 3 other rocky planets in the solar system results in almost exactly 1000 earth days?

Mercury: 87.97 days 
Venus : 224.70 days 
Mars: 686.98 days

87.97 + 224.70 + 686.98 = 999.65

Everything is created in a divine order, and the evidence is all around you. You only have to look a little further.

Are you serious!?  This is supposed to be your evidence of things being designed? 

Seriously - it's laughable. I feel sorry for you.

14 hours ago, Endercreeper01 said:

How about something like the moon and earth creating a phi ratio triangle with their combined dimensions?

Or the fact that adding the orbital periods of the 3 other rocky planets in the solar system results in almost exactly 1000 earth days?

How about   -  so what?  You can't jump to any extraordinary conclusions from measuring a few distances   -  as I said it is so naïve it is laughable.  Not in a funny or entertaining way laughable unfortunately.

28 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

You are not explaining anything. You are dismissing my reasoning as impossible, without actually addressing anything that I am saying.

And no, I didn't tell you to explain it in as few words as possible. In fact, I even said to explain in detail in my post.

Try again. This time, don't just tell me how it is paranormal or unscientific, explain it to me how it is so.

You'll just ignore any and all explanations, that you don't agree with, and there's plenty of evidence of that, so what's the point? 

Edited by dimreepr

23 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

It's unscientific because you are not using scientific method.  You are looking at random facts and measurements and jumping to extreme unsupported conclusions that just fit with your taught view of how reality is.  You could draw 1000 different conclusions from the poor data you provided. You can't just make stuff up - that isn't science.

You can't just show a few ratios and warp to the conclusion that it is designed  -  the only conclusion I can draw from that is that you would make a seriously inept detective.

37 minutes ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Hey Buster! Some news for you...The onus is on you to explain yourself scientifically, with empirical evidence. So far you have dodged, twisted ignored and been obtuse in everything asked of you. You certainly have posted some cringe worthy posts, totally lacking in discipline, evidence, and science of course.

Edited by beecee

17 hours ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Except ... it isn't truehttp://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=((radius+moon%2B+radius+Earth)%2Fradius+Earth)^2

If you choose from enough possible numbers and you allow things to be "close" to any arbitrarily chosen number, then you can "prove" anything.

You can probably find Beyonce's birthday in the dimensions of the Great Pyramid. Or, at least, another day in the same month. Or maybe the same day in a nearby month. Or something.

The same is true for your "nearly 1000" example.

You can probable find the value of pi "encoded" in the planets if you look at enough different diameters, masses, orbits, ... You will find it eventually. Well, something close definitely. OK, you might have to multiply it by something or take the square root. But you will certainly find something that has some loose connection to pi. Or maybe e. Or the speed of light. Or something, anything!

Like all numerologists, you don't understand how arbitrary you are being in your choice of numbers and the range of errors you allow. So you can't see how meaningless your results are. Because you are only doing this to support something you already believe (I may have said that before. A few hundred times.)

Any normal person who doesn't already believe this will just see that you are being ridiculous and not "proving" anything.

At its kindest, this is an example of apophenia. More realistically, delusional thinking.

Edited by Strange

19 hours ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Mercury: 87.97 days 
Venus : 224.70 days 
Mars: 686.98 days

87.97 + 224.70 + 686.98 = 999.65

Everything is created in a divine order, and the evidence is all around you. You only have to look a little further.

Sounds like Cyclosophy...

I measured the diameters of my bike's: -pedals, symbolizing the forward-going dynamics; -front wheel, which directs my ways into the unknown future; -lamp, enlightening my paths; -bell, though which I communicate with encounters. Thus I laid the building stones for a new holistic four-dimensional religion apt to the coming of the New Age of Aquarius: cyclosophy. The measurements were expressed in Holy Bike inches, being 17mm. This is so since 1 is the first prime number and 17 the seventh, and because seven is the holy number. Calling P, W, L and B the four measured quantities, it turns out that P ^ 2 √ L x W = 1823 which is the ratio between the masses of the proton and the electron.... Coincidences occur regularly in numerical experiments, as in daily life ... are not rare ... Most people greatly underestimate the enormous amount of possible combinations between numbers.Adventures in Science and Cyclosophy[9]

The original article is in Dutch: Velosofie. Maybe you can use some Webtranslator to read it.

What he derives from his bicycle:

• distance sun - earth
  • vacuum velocity of light
  • constant of gravity
  • fine structure constant
  • age of the earth
  • age of the universe (which was estimated at 18 billion years those days. The article is from 1990. But it surely is possible to get at 13.8 billion years)

Praise the holy bicycle!

15 hours ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Prepare for the end of the world as you know it... reminds me of a movie and a song!!! :cool: Sit down and raise your trays to an upright position and buckle up buttercup... :P

Jupiter's Galilean moons cause... wait for it...total solar eclipses on Jupiter! :lol:

Come on endy... wait another movie! :P Please stop with all the silly nonsensical crap and give us your best shot. I for one am tired of asking... 

Edited by Moontanman

15 hours ago, Endercreeper01 said:

Citation please... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.