How do you explain this free energy application with the current laws of electricity and magnetism?

Maartenn100

25 minutes ago, Maartenn100 said:

Here is a video about 'free energy' and I want to know wether this is some new discovery or can it be explained with current theories of magnetism and electricity:

a: read the rules. You may link to a video as a citation, but you should really describe what's going on in the video or what is essential to your question/statement/theory

b: it's fake. 

3 minutes ago, YaDinghus said:

b: it's fake. 

Or a test of gullibility...

1 minute ago, StringJunky said:

There is an electrical source causing induction  Fluorescent tubees can light up under power lines.

Here is a neat demonstration of that: https://gizmodo.com/361390/1301-florescent-bulbs-lit-solely-by-magnetic-fields

(Although you shouldn't try this yourself as, technically, it is theft.)

So I would want to look under the table, to see if something was supplying energy from below. Or see the apparatus moved to a different position. Or preferably both. The effect on the bulbs is very localised, so presumably whatever is powering them is also very localised, and that suggests something under the table.

Edit: Maybe repeat it with a glass table? That would be quite impressive.

Edited by mistermack

22 minutes ago, mistermack said:

So I would want to look under the table, to see if something was supplying energy from below. Or see the apparatus moved to a different position. Or preferably both. The effect on the bulbs is very localised, so presumably whatever is powering them is also very localised, and that suggests something under the table.

It could be done from if the current was sufficient... like an overhead powerline.

5 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

It could be done from if the current was sufficient... like an overhead powerline.

I can see how an overhead power line can provide the energy, but how would it become so focused at the one location? Would the equipment shown be able to concentrate the power line energy into a very small area between the two arms? 

Edit: OK, I'm guessing it could, if you have coils in an alternating field. Do the fixed magnets play a part ?

Edited by mistermack

2 hours ago, mistermack said:

The coils around the magnets could be acting as some kind of antenna. The whole apparatus is conductive so you could generate a voltage with some changing magnetic field that's out of sight.