black hole+white hole

What happens if a black hole collides with a white hole? I guess that the black hole will suck in energy that is emitted from the white hole until they collide, but is that everything that happens?

And what diffrences would it be if the two holes were linked to each other or not?

Sorry for my bad english, but I hope you understand me :/

what's a "White Hole?" If you mean what I think you do (an object with negative mass, and therefor has negative gravety), I don't believe a such object exists...

But in theory, it would depend on the size of the two objects... When two objects collide and become one, to find the new mass, you simply add the masses. If said while hole has a mass of -900000 kg, and the black hole has a mass of 899999kg, the resulting mass would be -1kg, thus creating a smaller white hole. if it were say, -899999 and 900000, then you get 1kg, thus creating a smaller black hole. Although it is entirly possible for them to be EXACTLY the same mass and thus you would end up with 0... good by black hole, good by white hole, you've just created normal space.

but still, I don't believe there is a such thing as a White Hole. If there is, I don't think we've found one.

A black hole is something that sucks everything in, including light. It compresses it to a single point (or very near to that) called a singularity where all the mass, energy, light, information... everything is contained. it's not a conduit to another object like a white hole. (I think I remember this being the premise for the movie Star Trek: The Motion Picture, where the Voyager VI probe fell into a black hole and came out a white hole...). Everything that "falls" into a black hole is contained inside the black hole.

Here is a question, what happens when a black hole sucks up another black hole?

I think it would just become a bigger black hole, after all, the black hole is made of mass, so it would gain more mass, right? Or would it gain more gravity, start up fusion of heavier elements again, and become a star, for a short amount of time?

Just a thought.

Or would it gain more gravity, start up fusion of heavier elements again, and become a star, for a short amount of time?

It would gain more gravity that's evident, but there wont be fusion of heavier element because in a blackhole there's nothing you can identify as element. I don't know if we can still speak of matter.

Ok. in answer to a question asked earlier in the post, if two black holes collide, it would make a bigger black hole.

Both black holes have mass, and when they collide, their masses are added to one anthother to create a larger mass (and energy) at the singularity, thus a larger black hole.

And I was meerly stating earlier that a while hole is a point that had negative mass (and thus negative energy), and therefor would push things away from it and create a white hole. But I didn't know that such things existed... I mean, in theory, it's possible, but I didn't know that it existed.

none of which is pseudoscience

If something has absolutely not one shred of evidence, I think it's safe to call it pseudo-science.

But I'll play along. Let's say there was a black hole and a white hole. What would the gravitional effects be?

[MATH]F=G \frac{m_1m_2}{r^2}[/MATH]

If one of the masses is positive (black hole) and the other is negative (white hole) then the force is negative, or repulsive. So I'd say that a black hole could not collide with a white hole regardless of size unless there were some other force involved.

If we had two white holes or two black holes, then I guess they could collide and form one huge black/white hole.

If something has absolutely not one shred of evidence' date=' I think it's safe to call it pseudo-science.

But I'll play along. Let's say there was a black hole and a white hole. What would the gravitional effects be?

[MATH']F=G \frac{m_1 m_2}{r^2}[/MATH]

If one of the masses is positive (black hole) and the other is negative (white hole) then the force is negative, or repulsive. So I'd say that a black hole could not collide with a white hole regardless of size unless there were some other force involved.

If we had two white holes or two black holes, then I guess they could collide and form one huge black/white hole.

Two black holes would suck eachother in, where the repulsive force of two white holes would push them away from eachother.

But I do see that if the white hole is "bigger..." Than it's repulsive forces would push the black hole away with greater force than the black hole could pull it, and a smaller black hole could be created. And, since small black holes can actually evaporate (Hawking proved this somehow, and I'm sure someone could provide the link this...), in theory, the intersection of a black and white hole of similar mass could create normal space, and all the mass and energy (and information) contained in a black hole would be expelled into normal space.

Two black holes would suck eachother in' date=' where the repulsive force of two white holes would push them away from eachother.

[/quote']

No.

According to Newton's law of gravitation, gravitational force between two object is proportional to the product of their masses. So if both masses are negative (two "white holes") then the force is attractive and the white holes should form one huge white hole. If there is one positive mass and one negative mass, then the product is negative and therefore the force is repulsive as I said regardless of mass.

Surely is the white hole is more massive then it would repel the black hole with greater force than the black hole's "pull" on it, therefore they would part. If the black hole was more massive then it could "pull" the white hole towards with greater force than the repulsive effect of the white hole, hence whn they collide a smaller black hole would be formed.

Your quite right in saying small black holes can evaporate and this is due to Hawking Radiation, explained in a link here.

Are you still living in the black and white universe!

In my universe now we already discovered the red holes, the blue holes, and the green holes.

if the three holes suck each other a white hole will be dug, but if they all kick each other a black hole is formed in-between them. So throw away you old universes and buy a new one from Sony. :D

Upon further thought ... much like a matter-antimatter collision where the two particles are anihilated and are turned into energy (e=mc^2), would a collision between a black hole and a white hole not result in the same sort of effect?

For example:

If a 10kg black hole collided with a -5kg white hole, a 5kg black hole would result but according to Conservation of Energy the mass has to go somewhere. In other words 5kg would be turned into energy and released according to e=mc^2.

Goes to find calculator...

That would mean 4.5x10^17 joules of energy would be released, and that's just for 5kg.

This would never occur the other way round (i.e. the white hole could not be more massive than the black hole because they would never meet, as explained earlier).

In addition, if you think about spacetime as a flat sheet with a black hole as a depression and a white hole as a "hill" then superposition applies creating a depression equivelent to a 5kg mass.

Just an educated assumption, feel free to correct :)

Surely is the white hole is more massive then it would repel the black hole with greater force than the black hole's "pull" on it, therefore they would part. If the black hole was more massive then it could "pull" the white hole towards with greater force than the repulsive effect of the white hole, hence whn they collide a smaller black hole would be formed.

That doesn't sound right to me. Why are the holes repelling each other? Gravity. That is the be all and end all. So why would a black hole attract a "white hole" when the gravitational situation means they should be repelling, regardless of the mass? There is no reason.

What you just said is like saying two repelling magnets would suddenly attract each other because the magnetic force of one of them suddenly grew in strength. Obviously they would just repel each other with greater force.

But we're talking about gravity not magnetism, would that matter?

What im saying is that they dont interact like magnets, instead one attracts and one repels.

As well, black holes have (+) mass and white holes have (-) mass, and would therefore attract?