Force vs Acceleration graph - object in circular motion

JoeMK

Hey,

does anybody know what a Force vs Acceleration graph for an object in circular motion looks like? I've been trying ot figure it out, but couldn't come up with anything

and also

Mass vs Distance for forces due to gravitation

The Period of orbit of a satellite and its Altitude

thanks in advance, much apreciated

Mass does not change with respect to distance. If it did a lot of weird things would happen. WEIGHT, the force of gravitational attraction does vary however. the weight vs distance graph would be a 1/x^2 graph and a force versus acceleration graph would be a straight line with gradiant m for mass. you can find this stuff on google.

I'm not really sure what you want for the Force/acceleration graph. Both the force and the acceleration are constant in magnitude, and, with respect to eachother, in direction. That is, the graph of the force vector (ie, the force in a given direction) will be a sine curve. The graph of the accelration vector (similarly) will be a sine curve. The same sine curve. So plotting one against the other just gets a straight line of F vs a (or, more properly, F/m vs a, if you want to take variable masses into account).

fmagraph8xu.jpg

If you plot it with F vs a, then all you can find out is the mass, from F = ma. If you plot it as F/m vs a, then all you can find out is that F = ma.

"Mass vs Distance" I'm utterly confused about, as it appears to have no meaning at all.

massline2yh.jpg

Unless you mean weight, in which case it'll be a hyperbola.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm sure you can at least get number c' date=' its easy.

As for the chloride question, dont worry, noone came close to getting it right other than phil[/quote']

Who are you?

More importantly, anyone has any idea about the problem, i don't need the graph just the relationship between the two

I'm not really sure what you want for the Force/acceleration graph. Both the force and the acceleration are constant in magnitude' date=' and, with respect to eachother, in direction. That is, the graph of the force vector (ie, the force in a given direction) will be a sine curve. The graph of the accelration vector (similarly) will be a sine curve. The same sine curve. So plotting one against the other just gets a straight line of F vs a (or, more properly, F/m vs a, if you want to take variable masses into account).

[img']http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2544/fmagraph8xu.jpg[/img]

If you plot it with F vs a, then all you can find out is the mass, from F = ma. If you plot it as F/m vs a, then all you can find out is that F = ma.

"Mass vs Distance" I'm utterly confused about, as it appears to have no meaning at all.

massline2yh.jpg

Unless you mean weight, in which case it'll be a hyperbola.

Mass vs distance is kinda impossibble, cuz u cannot show any time or distance progression. so i agree on the graph

I'm a bit unsure about the force vs acceleration graph however.

• 2 weeks later...

Well circular motion equations:

omega = v/r =2pi()f

a=(v^2)/r

f=1/T

Gravity equations:

g=F/m

g=-GM/(r^2)

If you work out the centralpetal force and force due to gravity you can relate the two too each other and reform in terms or r= Where r is the distance from the centre of the Earth.

Your request for the "Mass vs Distance for forces due to gravitation" is rather like the question "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" you are suppoused to learn the lesson of the question more than learn the answer. The lesson of the question in both cases has at lot to do with futility.

joe, the mass vs gravitation graph seems very cryptic coz i cant work out exactly what the question is asking for.

However, heres a slight interpretatoion. Consider that you are firing various masses from a cannon. All the variable are kept constant except for the mass. This would result in various reaults from the way gravity acts oin these objects.

.................however, i still dont know how the graph would look