barometric pressure and the moon cycle

Anna Cathell

I am new. I wasn't sure where to ask this. I got into a car accident 6 years ago. I broke A LOT OF PARTS of my body. It seems to be a LOT worst during a FULL MOON and when the barometric pressure is low. Is this normal? Why? Is there any way to help my body combat it?

Thank you for any information that might help me. 

!

Moderator Note

We don't allow members to make posts seeking medical advice. If you want to use this thread to discuss the general relationship between barometric pressure and pain (I think that's what you're asking, it's not exactly clear what you are referring to when you describe something as being worse), then that is fine, but you are not to use it to gather possible treatment options to help you overcome what you are experiencing. 

It seems that low pressure allows tissues to swell because there is less external pressure on them which in turn allows the tissues to exert pressure on affected parts, causing pain. This is with respect to arthritis, which is probably in the same ballpark as your injuries since joints are damaged.

I am in a similar position, 35 years ago I was in a boat wreck lots of damage and I can come close to predicting the weather with my pains. I have been looking for relief ever since then and so far no medical solution has been found. When a hurricane passes over the pain is really bad but a low front of any kind will give me problems.

I'm not really sure why it works like this but the pain does level off eventually, now, 33 years later, the pain isn't as bad most of the time except for hurricanes. :wacko:

Make sure you see your doctor, they do have medicine that can help some people they just never seemed to help me...