Perception of Temperature Difference

Your body is much more sensitive at detecting the flow of heat rather than temperature differences, which is why a piece of metal will feel cool while a peice of wood will not, when they are both at e.g. room temperature. The metal has a higher thermal conductivity.

So, given that, your question is not defined well enough to give a definitive answer.

ok ++++ Thanks for that, I can define my question a bit more>>

I am trying to find out, what a difference someone can perceive when he is given a number of plates with different temperatures. What should the difference be of the warmth?

Or in other words> If someone would have a PERFECT perception of temperature with his hands, what would be the smallest difference that is humanly perceivable? If I give him a plate that is 25 degrees, then one that is 25.5, can he feel the difference?

I need to know, in degrees, what is the smallest amount that is possible perceivable by a person touching an object....

*I am sure someome has figured this out....* :cool: