Simple Machines Project

Spiceymonkey121

I recently received a homework assignment to create an invention made of simple machines. The requirements are that it must be a compound machine (made up of two or more simple machines) and that it must make an everyday task easier. I have been racking my brain for the past week and everything I come up with does not fit the requirements. Could someone lead me on the right path? Please be expedient because it is due this Thursday (Thursday, May 17). Thanks!

Look around you, in your house. What machines/devices, do you have? Think what can be done with them to make their usage easier..

I just went to toilet, look around, and straight away made couple "inventions". e.g. joined couple devices in one, which is doing the same task.

Edited by Sensei

A simple example of two combined would be a pulley being used to pull a wheeled cart up a ramp.

Look at chores you have to do for inspiration. The goal here is to apply simple machines to be as lazy as possible.

Edited by Endy0816

1 hour ago, Spiceymonkey121 said:

I recently received a homework assignment to create an invention made of simple machines. The requirements are that it must be a compound machine (made up of two or more simple machines) and that it must make an everyday task easier. I have been racking my brain for the past week and everything I come up with does not fit the requirements. Could someone lead me on the right path? Please be expedient because it is due this Thursday (Thursday, May 17). Thanks!

I once had a similar school project and made this foot actuated lever that sat on the floor by your fridge. When you needed it you stepped on it and it opened and closed the door for you. Because we all know how physically demanding it is to have to both open AND close the door with your hands and arms! LOL

But check out these reminders of what constitutes a simple machine. As you peruse the list look around your house and think of your daily routines.

You'll come up with something.

Hint...can't go wrong with the old wheel and axle. Or...like mine, a lever activated mechanism.

Good luck.

https://www.livescience.com/49106-simple-machines.html