I wish this forum had a darker theme

10 minutes ago, smokequitterv2 said:

Not too dark , But just a bit more darker color themes like the simple machine forum default ?

What's that? If the whites are too much and you use W10 you can set up the 'Night Light' (Type that in the taskbarsearch box) andyou can add more amber to it to make lit ess glaring or you can get F-Lux which will do the same. Their main function is to reduce the screen's blue light which can mess up your sleep patterns when you look at your screen at night because your brain still thinks it''s daylight.. I always have some amber mixed in in the daytime... easier on my eyes.

Edited by StringJunky

38 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

What's that? If the whites are too much and you use W10 you can set up the 'Night Light' (Type that in the taskbarsearch box) andyou can add more amber to it to make lit ess glaring or you can get F-Lux which will do the same. Their main function is to reduce the screen's blue light which can mess up your sleep patterns when you look at your screen at night because your brain still thinks it''s daylight.. I always have some amber mixed in in the daytime... easier on my eyes.

Is there anything you know of that can be used on an iPhone? I use the Reader View on sites where it’s available but this is the site I’m viewing most often and it’s not.

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, nevim said:

Is there anything you know of that can be used on an iPhone? I use the Reader View on sites where it’s available but this is the site I’m viewing most often and it’s not.

Thanks.

You should have something called 'Night Shift' on there.

https://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-Night-Shift-Color-Temperature-on-an-iPhone

If you've got iPhone 8 or higher there is True Tone as well which will adjust for the ambient light: https://www.imore.com/true-tone

Or you can Google 'iphone change colour temperature' for other possibilities. Redder is lower temperature and bluer is higher.

Edited by StringJunky

12 minutes ago, nevim said:

Thanks String Junky.

I’ve altered it now. I did come across the setting before at some point but must have forgotten about it. :)

Cool. You might get better sleep now instead of feeling spaced out when you get off the phone. :) 

4 hours ago, smokequitterv2 said:

Not too dark , But just a bit more darker color themes like the simple machine forum default ?

Oh....ya mean theme as in screen settings and the forum's template appearance!

When I initially read your OP title I thought you were advocating that we begin addressing darker issues, as in more edgy, controversial, and potentially depressing. Gothic? Maybe like supernatural or paranormal stuff. LOL. Can't see any o' dat woo flying here. But I reckon we do have the Lounge, eh?

My wife is on a couple of those paranormal sites. I checked em out once in awhile. Decent entertainment at times. And I can't explain why but it's somehow refreshing to read all these believers in that stuff. They're a friendly bunch. And no unremitting thread of arrogance as I see here. It's the first part of this site. The unrelenting propensity of some of these cats to let you know they know more than you. But I digress.

Cheers.

On 12/05/2018 at 1:32 PM, Phi for All said:

For the brazillionth time, NO! we are not starting a Supervillainry section just so you can advertise your Tesla coil hoola hoops!

Ohh that would be exciting on the hips lmao