Please, help me in coming up with a problem for a thesis on the topic "Analytics of project management in the field of software engineering"

john2190

I develop a platform for managing IT projects. My supervisor said that Jira was used for a long time at our faculty, but at one point access to Jira was blocked and all the faculty data was lost. And after that it was decided to create its own platform. But the fact is that for the thesis work, some problem is required, which I solve, but I can not think of it. Now there are so many different solutions - Jira, Trello, Asana, and others (more than 200, I think), which in principle already says that my solution should be something different from existing ones. I took as the basis of the open-sourse platform a solution called TAIGA (you can google), it uses the Agile methodology. And my supervisor identified some requirements for the collection of statistics on projects and therefore I implement various diagrams such as Burn up chart, Cumulative flow diagram, Gantt chart. My supervisor said that we need to collect statistics at the faculty, and in the future this tool can be further developed and promoted to the masses (through universities). But then there must be some specificity for student projects in IT, and where to find it? Maybe somehow you can make a bias in this direction? Also, my friend suggested that I emphasize that the project data will now be safe, because platform of its own production. I have a month left before the defense and I am very worried to have time to come up with a problem. Help me please! Or at least tell me where I could address this question. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

This is not a scientific question and not a proper question at all.

You and your supervisor  (if not imaginary) will not get any usable results on described issue according to your writings. His lack of adequate profundity has already ruined all plans, before they began.

In a nutshell: just drop the issue and do something else. You will avoid very much useless stress. Just a professional hint from someone, who has much experiene on software engineering and realising projects.