resonating electricity from sea wave

i have one idea of resonating wave energy harvesting. i need help on its practical reality.

i would like to harvest energy from small packets vibrating on same time as seen in the video (will produce same frewuency in a beed like manner a floating cap at the top will produce the pressure it will transfer downward of the water like beeds.each beed(here bottle) will connected seperately will move at the same time of sea wave.) will produce a high resonating frequency like marching of soldiers on a bridge.

current.thumb.png.f37e14d4963fe7feb80573f64926ddb6.png

What you generate will be at the frequency of the water wave, which is not high frequency.

Also, the pressure difference is small here and so does not create that large of a force. You would probably do better just having something floating, which moves up and down with the wave, driving a piston-like generator.

There have been trials of arrays of distributed bobbing or nodding extractors, using wave action.

But sea wave particles do not go up an down they go round and round.

So a weighted shape, like a duck that bobs side to side is used.

As swansont noted the frequency is low, perhaps 100 to 25 times lower than that of the ordianry mains.

Also synchronisation of the array is not practicable both because the ducks drift about and because the wave itself passes irregularly.

So for both these and storage reasons, the energy has to be converted perhps several times before final delivery.

I will try to find some references when I have time

Edited by studiot

The difference between a kinetic sculpture as art vs science is quantifying how much energy you expect to extract in a period of time. We have wind turbines, and these are used because they are more efficient than a lot of other methods.  Artwork is generally not designed for efficiency.

Here is a picture that illustrates what I mean about the water movement and the wave.

bouyancygenerator.jpg.197128b3efb9cd23cd324d6a498563d8.jpg

And here is a report on trials of a mechanical system alongside a harbour wall.

It has many facts and figures about the size and frequency of waves and the power that can be extracted.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2092678215300480

And here are the salter ducks

salters-duck-2.jpg.cfdafff6affd27b25da6a471ba47a3cb.jpg

On 5/3/2018 at 2:40 AM, studiot said:

Here is a picture that illustrates what I mean about the water movement and the wave.

bouyancygenerator.jpg.197128b3efb9cd23cd324d6a498563d8.jpg

I wasn't sure how to explain it but as usual studiot you are all over it. The power of a wave in the ocean decreases quickly with depth. Until the bottom is closer and you create surf.

I would think, no more than gut feel, power from waves is likely to be low efficiency for power production.