Old fake news ?

Externet

11 hours ago, Externet said:

My brother saw one of those triangle things way before any other reports had come out. He saw it at pretty close range for several minutes and called me within a few minutes of the sighting.

He described it to me and I had no idea what he had seen. He lived on the side of a small mountain about halfway down to the valley. He saw the object or it's lights a few seconds before it came over the ridge.

He described it as a large black triangle, slow moving. A red light at each corner and a white light in the center. He said it was about 11 pm and he had gone out to feed his dogs.

He said the triangle came in just over the treetops at the top of the ridge but stayed at that altitude as it passed over the valley. It was silent but had a weird effect on the dogs who all went nuts. His dogs and everyone else's in the valley. He said the hair stood up on his neck but he said he couldn't tell if it was just fear or a direct effect of the object.

It was a very cold clear night, several inches of snow had fallen but the sky was crystal clear at the time of the sighting.

He said it appeared to be about the size of a football field and illuminated the snow on the ground quite brightly and the bare treetops at the top of the ridge on both sides of the valley. I may have the details about the color of the lights backwards, this was early to mid 80s, mid winter, very cold and clear air. 

I know the military regularly uses WV air space to run low level flying drills. I've seen transport craft so low I could see the faces of people leaning out of the aircraft easily, I could even see them smile at us. Only during the day, never at night. His sighting did not resemble any known military aircraft I am aware of... 

49 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

He said the triangle came in just over the treetops at the top of the ridge but stayed at that altitude as it passed over the valley. It was silent but had a weird effect on the dogs who all went nuts. His dogs and everyone else's in the valley. He said the hair stood up on his neck but he said he couldn't tell if it was just fear or a direct effect of the object.

You imply the "direct effect" involved sound beyond normal human detection ("It was silent BUT..."). I've seen dogs react to the fear or alarm they pick up from their owners (a smart cop won't hand a speeding ticket to an upset driver with a dog sitting next to him; he asks the driver to reach for it himself so the dog knows it's OK), and I've also heard one dog barking set off every other dog within earshot. Could it be that your brother saw the UFO, felt the hair stand up on his neck (understandable), and THEN his dogs went nuts?

3 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

You imply the "direct effect" involved sound beyond normal human detection ("It was silent BUT..."). I've seen dogs react to the fear or alarm they pick up from their owners (a smart cop won't hand a speeding ticket to an upset driver with a dog sitting next to him; he asks the driver to reach for it himself so the dog knows it's OK), and I've also heard one dog barking set off every other dog within earshot. Could it be that your brother saw the UFO, felt the hair stand up on his neck (understandable), and THEN his dogs went nuts?

I honestly have no idea, I was just reporting what he said to me as accurately as i could remember. He did mention that he could hear the dogs all up and down the hollow going nuts too... I'm not sure about the cause but a chain reaction is quite possible.