Networks

Mariyana

9 hours ago, Mariyana said:

I have a hard time to decide if Web 2.0 benefits mainly social networks or corporate ones? Can someone recommend me relevant literature to the topic?

Is this a homework question (for a marketing course, or something)? I can't imagine anyone actually being interested in who uses this buzzword most. Is it still being used even?

Anyway, there is more than you could ever want to know about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0

On 27.04.2018 at 8:23 AM, Mariyana said:

I have a hard time to decide if Web 2.0 benefits mainly social networks or corporate ones?

"Web 2.0 refers to World Wide Web websites that emphasize user-generated content,"

(quote from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0 )

If corporation with large enough user database will install forum software (such as this forum), users ask questions, and the more experienced users answer them, without requiring and bothering employees of company to do it, which will optimize their work. Customers are acting like free-of-charge company call-center for troubles of newer customers. When issue is really serious, the real employee is jumping in and answering questions, and the all other people can see it and learn from it. It can work pretty efficiently when there is enough people registered on forum, in companies which are working in IT sector and are selling computer related software product.

On the other hand, when there is issue with their software, or somebody is complaining at company, entire community of users is learning about it immediately.

IT companies (now constantly) are forcing their customers to register to their forums while purchasing their products, or even requiring registering prior being able to buy product.

Everybody wants your data, e-mails, phones, addresses, credit card details and so on.

11 hours ago, Sensei said:

When issue is really serious, the real employee is jumping in and answering questions

If only ...

Microsoft seem to be the worst for this. On their forums, there are always official support people who provide completely stupid and unhelpful replies. Typical example:

User: "I want to change the display resolution, but when I open the display properties dialog, the resolution settings are disabled (grayed-out). What can I do?"

MS Support Idiot: "If I understand you correctly you want to change the display resolution, but when you open the display properties dialog, the resolution settings are disabled (grayed-out). To resolve this issue you need to open the display properties and you can adjust the resolution settings  there. I hope this was helpful".

Their responses are so formulaic and universally unhelpful, I suspect they are just chatbots.