1 000 000 Posts

Silvestru

Congratulations science Forum on 1mil total posts. 

I know it doesent mean much for most but we should stop and appreciate for a moment what this forum brought to some of us.
It links and connects each other allowing us to discuss interesting topics, get a peer review for any idea we might have and care to share or be corrected on a flawed understanding.  
If you are not fortunate enough to work in the specific field that you are interested in, it's hard to find people who you could discuss specific topics with.

Thank you admins and members for this though-sharing platform that you shaped. :) 

image.png.d49ba0b79eb7572cf8973c88340d9df9.png

• Silvestru changed the title to 1 000 000 Posts
58 minutes ago, Silvestru said:

Congratulations science Forum on 1mil total posts. 

I know it doesent mean much for most but we should stop and appreciate for a moment what this forum brought to some of us.
It links and connects each other allowing us to discuss interesting topics, get a peer review for any idea we might have and care to share or be corrected on a flawed understanding.  
If you are not fortunate enough to work in the specific field that you are interested in, it's hard to find people who you could discuss specific topics with.

Thank you admins and members for this though-sharing platform that you shaped. :) 

image.png.d49ba0b79eb7572cf8973c88340d9df9.png

This is a science forum.

Please provide evidence we did this today and not a few weeks/months ago.

The peer review process by iNow has sparked this question, so you must now provide answers to prove your claim.

32 minutes ago, iNow said:

I feel like we did this a few years ago and suspect some posts are no longer being counted as a result of software upgrades and changes 

(I'm kidding)

25 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

This is a science forum.

The peer review process by iNow has sparked this question, so you must now provide answers to prove your claim.

(I'm kidding)

Thats almost as funny as Itoero’s jokes.

1 hour ago, iNow said:

I feel like we did this a few years ago and suspect some posts are no longer being counted as a result of software upgrades and changes 

And Christmas is a pagan holiday endorsed by the big companies to promote consumerism and shallow values wrongly celebrated on 25'th of December as Jesus (if he existed) was probably born in autumn. This was probably done as to convince the pagans to convert as 25'th was an important celebration for them for astronomical reasons.

But I still sing carols :D 

1 hour ago, koti said:

Now imagine facebook has 2bln users posting cats and nonsense every day. 

I'm glad you didn't group cats in the nonsense category. I would have -1ed you haha.

53 minutes ago, Raider5678 said:

This is a science forum.

There is such a tool: webarchive... You can try going "back in time" to older version of website (as long as it was backed up by them.. this requires that site must be publicly available, so web crawlers added URL to their databases).

e.g.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/scienceforums.net

Edited by Sensei

Just now, Sensei said:

There is such a tool: webarchive... You can try going "back in time" in older versions of websites (as long as they were backed up by them.. this requires that site is publicly available, so web crawlers added URL to their databases).

e.g.

https://web.archive.org/web/*/scienceforums.net

I'm not gonna count if that's what you're implying.

44 minutes ago, Silvestru said:

I'm glad you didn't group cats in the nonsense category. I would have -1ed you haha.

I had a cat for 17 years. She died. We buried her. I’m not getting another cat even if my son and wife will beg me.

I’m sticking to this so don’t try to convince me otherwise.

1 hour ago, koti said:

I had a cat for 17 years. She died. We buried her. I’m not getting another cat even if my son and wife will beg me.

I’m sticking to this so don’t try to convince me otherwise.

You'll convince yourself.

You'll realize you're blaming the cat for dying, but punishing your pleading wife and son for it. You'll remember you're a good guy, and you'll get another cat.

You'll name it after me, probably. 

44 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

You'll convince yourself.

You'll realize you're blaming the cat for dying, but punishing your pleading wife and son for it. You'll remember you're a good guy, and you'll get another cat.

You'll name it after me, probably. 

My wife doesn’t actually want a cat, our 2 year old is used to dogs at mother in law’s place. My cat died 20 years ago while I was still with my folks. If I get a dog (over my dead body) I might name him „Sigmund”

10 minutes ago, koti said:

If I get a dog (over my dead body) I might name him „Sigmund”

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marks

I've been meaning to ask about your quotation marks. If they're set up that way for your native language, when you do "air quotes" with your hands, do you hold the right hand upside down?

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

I've been meaning to ask about your quotation marks. If they're set up that way for your native language, when you do "air quotes" with your hands, do you hold the right hand upside down?

giphy.gif

There is no come back for me from this, this is just too hilarious. I admit that the English quotations are just a button away for me on my iphone, I’m just too lazy to do it but,

“Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strenght”

Sigmund Freud.

3 hours ago, koti said:

There is no come back for me from this, this is just too hilarious. I admit that the English quotations are just a button away for me on my iphone, I’m just too lazy to do it

So two upper case air quotes if you're speaking English, but what about when you're speaking the other language from your keyboard? If you invert the first quotation mark when you write it out in your language, it might make sense to invert the right hand when air quoting someone in that language.

And if that's not a thing in your language, it would be hilarious for you to be the first to use inverted air quotes. Like, oh, those English speakers think they're all such „grammar experts"! :D