Feeling in an eye after hearing a noise from another room

ausguerila

I has doing stuff on the pc at my place of residence and heard a noise from the next room. It sounded like an x ray gun or something I thought. I turned towards the sound and noticed it went off again. This time as it went off it felt like it hit my right eye dead in the middle. the reaction to this right afterwards felt like a forced emotion of anger that did not come from myself. What would this be?

Edit: Also I had a look in the mirror for anything and noticed one pupil (the right eye) was larger than the other but from how the lighting was ???

Edited by ausguerila

45 minutes ago, ausguerila said:

I has doing stuff on the pc at my place of residence and heard a noise from the next room. It sounded like an x ray gun or something I thought. I turned towards the sound and noticed it went off again. This time as it went off it felt like it hit my right eye dead in the middle. the reaction to this right afterwards felt like a forced emotion of anger that did not come from myself. What would this be?

Edit: Also I had a look in the mirror for anything and noticed one pupil (the right eye) was larger than the other but from how the lighting was ???

Don’t take those symptoms lightly, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, ausguerila said:

I has doing stuff on the pc at my place of residence and heard a noise from the next room. It sounded like an x ray gun or something I thought.

Is an "x ray gun" something they've used on you at the hospital or dentist? Do you mean the little buzzer that makes a sound like you got a question wrong on a game show? It's a pretty common sound these days, with many common pieces of tech that vibrate or make tones. All of our senses help the brain detect patterns we're familiar with in order to understand the information we receive from them. Sometimes unfamiliar sounds are interpreted by the brain as "close enough" to another sound, and we're convinced we heard something out of place. You hear an x-ray machine going off when it was just your cellphone (with your car keys on top of it) vibrating a simple prompt from an app.

I turned towards the sound and noticed it went off again. This time as it went off it felt like it hit my right eye dead in the middle.

Still might be the phone/car keys. Turning your head changes blood flow, and that can cause various feelings around the body. And remember, as you turn you're thinking about x-ray guns, maybe being hit by one, so anything that supports that pattern is going to stand out. You feel something in your right eye, and your brain hands you the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle.

the reaction to this right afterwards felt like a forced emotion of anger that did not come from myself. What would this be?

With no warning and no real reasoning going on, you assumed something/someone from the next room zapped you with potentially dangerous radiation. If that were my kneejerk impression of the situation, I would be VERY angry.

Inconclusive on its own. Is it still that way? This is something physiological at least, and if it concerns you it should be checked by a professional.

You don't tell us if you investigated the sound. That would have been my next step. I'd see if there was anything from the next room that could have been aimed at my eye, then I'd check for anything capable of making that buzzing sound. Did it only buzz twice? If you stay quiet, will it buzz again?

4 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Is an "x ray gun" something they've used on you at the hospital or dentist? Do you mean the little buzzer that makes a sound like you got a question wrong on a game show? It's a pretty common sound these days, with many common pieces of tech that vibrate or make tones. All of our senses help the brain detect patterns we're familiar with in order to understand the information we receive from them. Sometimes unfamiliar sounds are interpreted by the brain as "close enough" to another sound, and we're convinced we heard something out of place. You hear an x-ray machine going off when it was just your cellphone (with your car keys on top of it) vibrating a simple prompt from an app.

Still might be the phone/car keys. Turning your head changes blood flow, and that can cause various feelings around the body. And remember, as you turn you're thinking about x-ray guns, maybe being hit by one, so anything that supports that pattern is going to stand out. You feel something in your right eye, and your brain hands you the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle.

With no warning and no real reasoning going on, you assumed something/someone from the next room zapped you with potentially dangerous radiation. If that were my kneejerk impression of the situation, I would be VERY angry.

Inconclusive on its own. Is it still that way? This is something physiological at least, and if it concerns you it should be checked by a professional.

You don't tell us if you investigated the sound. That would have been my next step. I'd see if there was anything from the next room that could have been aimed at my eye, then I'd check for anything capable of making that buzzing sound. Did it only buzz twice? If you stay quiet, will it buzz again?

I think you are exactly right. Not long ago, I was reading on this site and saw a word change in front of my eyes on the screen when I realised that word didn't fit the sentence. Normally, I just see a word, then realise it's wrong and see the right word without the transitional stage. Weird experience but it just goes to show I see what I want to see. We are not passive receivers of signals but we interpret them and then construct a reality from that.

1 hour ago, StringJunky said:

I think you are exactly right. Not long ago, I was reading on this site and saw a word change in front of my eyes on the screen when I realised that word didn't fit the sentence. Normally, I just see a word, then realise it's wrong and see the right word without the transitional stage. Weird experience but it just goes to show I see what I want to see. We are not passive receivers of signals but we interpret them and then construct a reality from that.

I had to put my Corgi dog down recently. He had those big ears that made a whop-whop sound when he shook his head, and my brain keeps using that pattern on sounds at random places. Last week, I heard him at the grocery store. I turned and thought at least I was going to see someone else's dog. It was the produce guy putting on rubber gloves. He must have shook them out first or something, sounded just like my Max.

10 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

I had to put my Corgi dog down recently. He had those big ears that made a whop-whop sound when he shook his head, and my brain keeps using that pattern on sounds at random places. Last week, I heard him at the grocery store. I turned and thought at least I was going to see someone else's dog. It was the produce guy putting on rubber gloves. He must have shook them out first or something, sounded just like my Max.

Sounds like part of you hasn't quite accepted he's gone yet.