what is a god

sci-man

15 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

You're talking like I and the Baron are some sort of Tag Team,  address my post by all means but don't confuse it with what the Baron is saying. 

I didn't, please read again.

45 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

The Six Days of Creation are totally logical DrP and also provide Scientific knowledge for those that can see.

They are not logical at all. I'll concede that it would be logical IF you take the giant step of faith to actually believe there is a god.  Of course it is logical then - if you invoke a magical being then anything is possible and it is all logical. I used to believe it too.  But you have provided zero evidence for any of the creation myths from what I can see. No one ever has.

You are welcome to post what you think is evidence for creation in seven days  -  but seriously? I am pretty certain we both know how it is going to go down.  If you post it and it holds up to scrutiny then fair play! - I'll come and shake your hand.  If it turns out to be full of holes and we point the flaws in the logic out to you, will you do the same?

Just now, DrP said:

They are not logical at all. I'll concede that it would be logical IF you take the giant step of faith to actually believe there is a god.  Of course it is logical then - if you invoke a magical being then anything is possible and it is all logical. I used to believe it too.  But you have provided zero evidence for any of the creation myths from what I can see. No one ever has.

What day length does Venus have DrP? 

Just now, Moontanman said:

116 Earth days and 18 Earth hours...

Good day Moontannman,  this shows us that different places have different day lengths.

If one of the Creator's Days is equivalent to 13,000 Earth years,  then the Six Days of Creation would have taken 6(Lord's days) multiplied by 13,000 Earth Years equalling 78,000 years.

How far back after the "Big Bang" can we see to before what some have called "Hitting the Wall" ie the CMBR - 100,000 years, 90,000 years?  Maybe one day our instrumentation shall allow that to be whittled down to around 80,000 years.

Some interpretations of Prophecy claim that after Judgement Day The Lord Shall spend 1,000 years on Earth with Man;

1,000(Lord's years) multiplied by 365.24(Lord's days) multiplied by 13,000 Earth years equals 4.74 Billion years - how long until our Star begins to expand and engulf the Inner Solar System??? 

21 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

Good day Moontannman,  this shows us that different places have different day lengths.

If one of the Creator's Days is equivalent to 13,000 Earth years,  then the Six Days of Creation would have taken 6(Lord's days) multiplied by 13,000 Earth Years equalling 78,000 years.

How far back after the "Big Bang" can we see to before what some have called "Hitting the Wall" ie the CMBR - 100,000 years, 90,000 years?  Maybe one day our instrumentation shall allow that to be whittled down to around 80,000 years.

Some interpretations of Prophecy claim that after Judgement Day The Lord Shall spend 1,000 years on Earth with Man;

1,000(Lord's years) multiplied by 365.24(Lord's days) multiplied by 13,000 Earth years equals 4.74 Billion years - how long until our Star begins to expand and engulf the Inner Solar System??? 

Souds like a great basis to form a cult. Maybe you can sell this idea to people looking for a purpouse in life. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who will just eat thatup. I for myself can say that I am not hungry for a higher meaning. I'd prefer something more tangible. Like evidence or a clear line of reasoning that I can attack

23 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

A ridiculous combination of numerology and religion, it doesn’t get much more nonsensical than that. You can come up with any result desired with this line of thinking, it is equally asinine as baseless.

Just now, YaDinghus said:

ouds like a great basis to form a cult. Maybe you can sell this idea to people looking for a purpouse in life. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who will just eat thatup. I for myself can say that I am not hungry for a higher meaning. I'd prefer something more tangible. Like evidence or a clear line of reasoning that I can attack

Obviously your logic is lacking to do so with my last post.

Would you like to know where some serious physics comes into this(Are you watching from beyond the grave Mr Maxwell)?

3 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

Obviously your logic is lacking to do so with my last post.

Would you like to know where some serious physics comes into this(Are you watching from beyond the grave Mr Maxwell)?

Jeeze luoise papa cheeze I may be snarky but I don't outright insult people...

A ridiculous combination of numerology and religion, it doesn’t get much more nonsensical than that. You can come up with any result desired with this line of thinking, it is equally asinine as baseless.

What I should have written from the start

+1

Edited by YaDinghus
Addition

Just now, koti said:

Get out of here - is that all you've got - shameful from a Man of "learning".

Would you Coyote, like to know where the real physics kick in???

6 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

Get out of here - is that all you've got - shameful from a Man of "learning".

Would you Coyote, like to know where the real physics kick in???

I think we're beyond the point where this thread should be shut down. Attacks ad hominem are against forum rules

I'll be generous and let you in on a little secret about Magnetism;

Length of Verse = 14.65 billion light years

Time until our Magnetic Cage fully formed = 78,000 years(Earth Years)

14.65^9 x 9.461^15 =  1.386^26 metres

78,000 x 365.24 x 24 x 60 x 60 = 2.461^12 seconds 

1.386^26metres /  2.461^12 seconds = 5.631^13 m/s

5.631^13 m/S / C(speed of light) = approx 187,700C

Magnetic fields propagate at over 187,000 times the speed of light Mordred!!! 

Spooky Action at a Distance' Speed

Just now, YaDinghus said:

I think we're beyond the point where this thread should be shut down. Attacks ad hominem are against forum rules

Cry baby, oh dear

Edited by Ant Sinclair

7 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

Cry baby, oh dear

!

Moderator Note

Too many personal attacks from you. Others attack your ideas, and you attack them instead of defending your woo. If you can't obey our civility rules, you aren't welcome, Ant Sinclair. Please do better when discussing science with the rest of the members.

4 hours ago, Ant Sinclair said:

Many verses in the Bible that seem illogical on the surface are in fact logical when certain facts are known.

Ah yes, "certain facts". Of course. 

Would they be "certain facts" that you know but you aren't going to explain?

4 hours ago, Ant Sinclair said:

The Six Days of Creation are totally logical DrP and also provide Scientific knowledge for those that can see.

There is no scientific knowledge there. Unless you can show how it is empirically measurable and testable... How would you experimentally attempt to falsify the myth of creation in 6 days?

But, of course, I assume you consider yourself to be one of "those that can see"?

38 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

Cry baby, oh dear

Who's crying? You're the one throwing a tantrum because you're not getting your way...

39 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

I'll be generous and let you in on a little secret about Magnetism;

Length of Verse = 14.65 billion light years

14.65^9 x 9.461^15 =  1.386^26 metres

78,000 x 365.24 x 24 x 60 x 60 = 2.461^12 seconds 

1.386^26metres /  2.461^12 seconds = 5.631^13 m/s

5.631^13 m/S / C(speed of light) = approx 187,700C

That wouldn't be a little secret - if it were true. In reality, however, as the speed of light is actually the speed of causality (Wikipedia Link): 

In classical physics, an effect can't occur before its cause. In the theory of relativity, causality means that an effect can not occur from a cause which is not in the back (past) light cone of that event. Similarly, a cause can not have an effect outside its front (future) light cone

It's not only the maximum speed for any particle, it is also the maximum speed with which anything can affect anything else, and since this happens via forces, a force or change in a field can't propagate faster than the speed of light. 

Why don't you tell us what premises you base your claims on, and how you come by your calculations? Not that I'm particularly interested in what you're saying, just in the interest of having a good discussion

1 hour ago, Ant Sinclair said:

How far back after the "Big Bang" can we see to before what some have called "Hitting the Wall" ie the CMBR - 100,000 years, 90,000 years?

360,000 years. Are you going to use that to work out a different value for the length of the "day" in the bible?

By allowing yourself to change the definition arbitrarily, you have removed any meaning from the "6 days". And why should this particular creation myth hold any weight above the many others?

Maybe one day our instrumentation shall allow that to be whittled down to around 80,000 years.

Not using light, obviously.

But if we are ever able to detect low-energy neutrinos, we can go back to a fraction fo second after the Big Bang. Would that make the mythical days really, really short?

Edited by Strange

41 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

Didn't your folks explain sticks and stones to you when you were little,  and Cry Baby is such a terrible thing to say to somebody,  my autotext must have remembered Koti from our last discussion - Oh My God 

!

Moderator Note

The "terrible" factor matters very little. It's your style of attacking the people who are attacking your ideas that's unacceptable. It's a fallacious way of discussing anything, and it's not allowed here. If you can't argue to support your ideas without demeaning your detractors, then you can't stay here. 

Everyone should focus on the ideas, and not the person who has them.

Length of Verse

Which verse? Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, perhaps.

What “magnetic cage”?

And: citation needed. 

Nonsense. 

That is probably instantaneous. 

Just now, Strange said:

That is probably instantaneous. 

Strange, how the Siva are you,  good I hope!

"Probably instantaneous" doesn't cut it in Science - You should know this - I do have a 'polished' figure for this propagation speed down to 15 decimal places(Android Calculator) which is 187,820C which is probably as Instantaneous as is needed for it's functioning. 

3 hours ago, Ant Sinclair said:

Many verses in the Bible that seem illogical on the surface are in fact logical when certain facts are known.

Nothing in realty about the bible is logical. It is an obscure text written in an obscure age, by obscure men: In fact it simply carries on the mythical dreams that ancient men needed to explain the world/Universe around them, in a time before science used reason, logic and the scientific method. In doing so science has pushed the need for any type of magical deity/spaghetti monster into near oblivion. 

We must assume behind this force the existance of a concious and intelligent mind.

Obviously then the next question would be who created this "concious intelligent" mind?

And we all know the answer to that conundrum. :P

"Probably instantaneous" doesn't cut it in Science - You should know this - I do have a 'polished' figure for this propagation speed down to 15 decimal places(Android Calculator) which is 187,820C which is probably as Instantaneous as is needed for it's functioning. 

You have, not surprisingly, avoided answering any of my questions. <shrug>

As for "probably instantaneous" that is based on the fact that none of our current scientific theories give us any reason to think otherwise.

Your "polished" figure is just made up nonsense. 

Just now, Strange said:

You have, not surprisingly, avoided answering any of my questions. <shrug>

As for "probably instantaneous" that is based on the fact that none of our current scientific theories give us any reason to think otherwise.

Your "polished" figure is just made up nonsense. 

Do you know this team Strange,  maybe you could link them to this thread as they're quite a bit out - 18 fold(smiles);

"Now, thanks to these Chinese physicists — the same ones who broke the quantum teleportation distance record last year — we know that spooky action at a distance has a lower bound of four orders of magnitude faster than light, or around 3 trillion meters per second. We say “at least,” because the physicists do not rule out that spooky action is actually instantaneous — but their testing equipment and methodology simply doesn’t allow them to get any more accurate."

They have the value at around 10,,000C - Amateurs(smiles again).

13 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

Do you know this team Strange,

Do you know what "lower bound" means?

p.s. As I commented on you refusing to answer questions, I should add: "yes, I am aware of their work".

Edited by Strange