Organic computer?

fredreload

If we can evolve the ability to detect light...  and other animals can evolve the ability to emit light....  then why couldn't another creature evolve such that the light it emits be amplified by stimulated emission?

Imagine that! Imagine a shark with fricking lasers!  You heard it here first!. I reckon that 1500 mutated land capable Russian laser sharks swimming up the Thames would take the whole of London in a few hours with very little resistance.   

1 hour ago, fredreload said:

Computer and life form mix has been a general consensus these days.

Has it?

Well you can't really develop a laser from organic life

We are getting very close to an organic laser: https://aip.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1063/1.4913461

so why not mix machinery with life?

What sort of machinery? Like artificial heart valves? Or even mechanical hearts?

2 hours ago, Strange said:

Huh?

What about an eel? I mean, it's a tasty fish, alright but I can't see the relevance to this thread.  

You could, incorporate the neuronal structure into that of a computer. Since they both run on electricity. So would you grow a watch built out of neurons on your wrist based on the DNA given high enough mutation rate, that is hard to say.

The eel is an attempt to combine electronics with organic energy.

• 4 weeks later...